Welcome to the Forums: Steve's Intro!

In summary, Steve is a 20-year-old Physics major from Ontario. He's currently unemployed and bored, and has high hopes for the forums. He's new to the site, and would like to welcome everyone.
speg
Hey guys, I'm not sure if introduction posts are the norm here or not.. if not then I'm risking looking like a klutz eh? Hehe...

Anyway I just posted my first message in a book thread and thought I'd make an official "Hello" post here. It's 2 AM and I have nothing to do so I decided to take a look at these forums ( which I stumbled upon a few months ago ) and they look pretty cool, plus with my ongoing boredom from summer vacation I thought this might be a good place to kill some time.

Anywho, a bit about myself. My name is Steve, I am 20, and I just finished my first year at the University of Waterloo as a Physics Major :) I am currentley unemployed :( And very bored.

Just a question for all you out there, did you find first year hard? I mean, my average is 65%, which is like a 20% drop from high school, and I was wondering if that was normal, or am I dumb and should move on to arts? I know it sure felt like I should with some of the guys in my class :S

Hehe, oh well I survived and am looking forward to get some revenge next year. Hopefully this place will help me kick it up a notch ;) Anyway I am rambling, it's 2 AM, time for bed. Almost finished welcoming myself to your forums... Hope to learn a lot and maybe even have some fun here...

Yay Physics!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, speg! :biggrin: Ontario? Is that where you are from?

First year is usually a VERY humbling experience. (obviously not humbling enough if you consider people who gravitate to the arts 'dumb'. :wink::biggrin: - be careful with that as we have plenty of people from the arts here and might take offense - although I know that many of the science guys do feel that way about the arts people... :rolleyes:...) Hang in there with second year. It will get better! Truly!

You'll find a lot of excellent help with your studies in the other forums and lots of other REALLY interesting stuff, too. :wink: We have a lot of incredibly intelligent and generous people offering their time and knowledge to educate anyone who asks questions. It's a great place to hang out. Come to Gen. Discussion for your laughs, though. Most of the chuckles are here! :biggrin:

Tell your friends!

speg said:
Hi ( I'm new )
Me too, but greetings anyway !

I made straight A's until my third year when I made one B. I never recovered from the devastation and vowed revenge against a system that could do me so wrong (the nerve!) :biggrin:

I think your 65% needs to be improved upon, to be honest. I doubt you have a weak mind but suspect as the Gov. of CA would say; you lack discipline!

No doubt about it; you will find much help at PF, possibly becoming a phreak for physics in the process.

Good luck !

1. What is the purpose of "Welcome to the Forums: Steve's Intro!"?

The purpose of "Welcome to the Forums: Steve's Intro!" is to introduce a new user named Steve to the online forum community. It allows other forum members to get to know Steve and welcome him to the community.

2. Who is Steve and why is his intro important?

Steve is a new user who has joined the online forum. His intro is important because it allows other forum members to learn more about him, his interests, and his background. It also helps to create a sense of community and connection among forum members.

3. How can I welcome Steve to the forum?

You can welcome Steve to the forum by leaving a comment on his intro post. You can also send him a private message to introduce yourself and offer any advice or assistance he may need as a new member.

4. Can I ask Steve questions in response to his intro?

Yes, you can ask Steve questions in response to his intro. This can help to further get to know him and start conversations within the forum. However, please make sure to be respectful and avoid asking personal or invasive questions.

5. Is there a specific format for intro posts like "Welcome to the Forums: Steve's Intro!"?

No, there is no specific format for intro posts. Some forum members may choose to create a post similar to "Welcome to the Forums: Steve's Intro!", while others may simply introduce themselves in a more casual manner. The important thing is to provide some information about yourself and engage with the community.