Exploring the History and Applications of Physics: A Retiree's Perspective

• Thread starter quickrp
  • Start date
In summary, exploring the history and applications of physics from a retiree's perspective reveals the vast influence this field has had on our understanding of the world. From the early theories of ancient civilizations to modern advancements in technology, physics has played a crucial role in shaping our daily lives. From the study of motion and energy to the exploration of the universe, physics continues to push the boundaries of human knowledge and has countless practical applications in fields such as medicine, engineering, and environmental science. As a retiree, delving into the history and ongoing developments of physics is a fascinating and rewarding experience.
quickrp
Hi everyone, I'm quickrp. I found this forum while doing searches on some basic physics questions.

I am retired. Prior to that, I owned a construction firm which built large data centers.

My interest in physics began while exploring the post-Newtonian history of the discipline and the development of nuclear energy and weapons. I have a decent grasp on the subject, but no formal education.

The forum topics look very interesting, and I will probably jump around quite a bit just gathering information and learning, and I look forward to getting acquainted to the group. Let's do it!

Thanks...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!