Hi looking for a clear roadmap

• Thread starter ApPhysics84
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, Alex is a new member that is terrible at Mathematics but is intrigued by physics and is looking for advice on how to improve in the subject.
ApPhysics84
I'm a new member that is terrible at Mathematics but I am intrigued by physics.
I come to this great forum with a singular goal for the moment and that is to learn physics at the level of a AP high school student.
Any info would be great!thanks everyone,

Alex

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.

You'll probably find members urging you to improve your math. Mathematics is the language of physics. Analogies as in pop sci, are always imperfect. They lead to misconceptions, and are frowned on by real scientists.

Likes archaic
Help yourself with Khan Academy, they have a structured AP Physics program.
AP Physics 1 : https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/ap-physics-1
AP Physics 2 : https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/ap-physics-2
If you need help in math, they also have made content covering that.
I am assuming you're taking the algebra based APs of course.

Likes anorlunda
ApPhysics84 said:
I'm a new member that is terrible at Mathematics but I am intrigued by physics.
I come to this great forum with a singular goal for the moment and that is to learn physics at the level of a AP high school student.
I was not real good at math in high school, but through hard work I got a lot better in college, and have turned out pretty well (MSEE, R&D work, patents, etc.). Hang in there and work on your math skills, and you can improve and do great. Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Likes ApPhysics84
ApPhysics84,

You did not say what your current situation or status is academically, but if you are college-aged-typical, a good first goal might be Associate in Arts Degree in Physics, which means you would go through all the officially necessary Mathematics, and some basic courses for Physics as well as a few other sciences. The Mathematics is very necessary: Algebra 1 &2, Trigonometry, maybe also College Algebra, Calculus 1,2,3, and usually one or two additional Mathematics courses.

Yes Thanks so much my post was a little vague I am not in High school and am looking to get up to speed to go back to community college to get the Associate in Art Degree in Physics. So my roadmap is mainly to self study to prepare to get a AA in Physics.

Thank again Alex

Likes berkeman
ApPhysics84 said:
Yes Thanks so much my post was a little vague I am not in High school and am looking to get up to speed to go back to community college to get the Associate in Art Degree in Physics. So my roadmap is mainly to self study to prepare to get a AA in Physics.

Thank again Alex
That is the right or maybe perfect goal. You will need regular dedicated study time while in school (community college). The one big difference between studying-on-your-own to prepare, and actually being IN school is LABORATORY sections of courses, and instructional interactivity of the otherwise lecture-based courses.

Likes ApPhysics84
Wow really good info I will keep you guys posted on what resources I'm learning with and will ask for help if they are not working to look for alternative opinions from you guys :)

Thank you

Alex

What is a clear roadmap?

A clear roadmap is a visual representation of the steps or milestones needed to achieve a specific goal or reach a desired destination. It outlines the necessary tasks, resources, and timelines to help guide the way towards success.

Why is a clear roadmap important?

A clear roadmap is important because it provides direction and clarity for a project or goal. It helps to identify potential roadblocks, prioritize tasks, and ensure that everyone is working towards the same end goal. It also allows for better decision-making and resource allocation.

How do you create a clear roadmap?

To create a clear roadmap, you should first define your goal or destination. Then, break down the goal into smaller, achievable tasks or milestones. Next, determine the resources and timelines needed for each task. Finally, organize all the information into a visual representation, such as a flowchart or timeline.

What are the benefits of using a clear roadmap?

Using a clear roadmap can lead to increased efficiency and productivity, as it helps to keep everyone on track and focused on the end goal. It also allows for better communication and collaboration among team members, as everyone is aware of their responsibilities and the overall progress of the project.

How often should a clear roadmap be updated?

A clear roadmap should be regularly reviewed and updated as needed. This could be on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis, depending on the project timeline and progress. It is important to keep the roadmap flexible and adaptable to changes and new information that may arise during the project.