What are some basic calculus concepts I should review?

• Thread starter Brian Preece
  • Start date
In summary, some basic calculus concepts that should be reviewed include functions, limits, derivatives, and integration. Functions are mathematical relationships between inputs and outputs, while limits determine the behavior of a function as the inputs approach a certain value. Derivatives measure the rate of change of a function, while integration involves finding the area under a curve. Other important concepts to review include the chain rule, product rule, and quotient rule for derivatives, as well as techniques for integration such as substitution and integration by parts. It is also helpful to review the fundamental theorem of calculus, which connects derivatives and integrals. Overall, a solid understanding of these basic calculus concepts is essential for success in more advanced mathematical and scientific studies.
Brian Preece
Hi, I am Brian, new to the forum. It has been a long time since graduation and I am a bit rusty on some of the science and maths. So I will be asking some basic questions.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Basic or advanced, we are always ready to help. :smile:

Thanks for your reply, Wrichik. Apologies for this late entry, but I am retired and so don't have much time. I am going to start a conversation regarding calculus. Wish me luck.