Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi Physicists!

1. Aug 4, 2017 #1
    Hi everybody!
    I am a new member of PF, very nice forum! I finished my PhD in cosmic ray physics one month ago and now I am looking to and now I'm trying to figure out what to do about my life :-). I am passionate about scientific communication and I am very interested in the problem of climate change.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. Nice to have you here! :smile:

4. Aug 4, 2017 #3
    Hello and congratulations of your doctorate!

It seems to me there are enough people working on the communications problem and not enough actually inventing and developing green energy systems based on advanced physics. Wind and solar just aren't going to replace fossil fuels. Maybe you can be the person to make fusion viable!

5. Aug 5, 2017 #4
    Thank you very much :-)

6. Aug 5, 2017 #5
    I don't think I am good enough to do this :-) but lots of brilliant scientists are involved in the field of nuclear fusion and I hope in the next decades that something will happen!

7. Aug 7, 2017 #6
    I learned from someone that if you think you can, you're right, you can! If you think you can't, you're also right, you can't! Besides, you only have to be part of a team, not do everything by yourself.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted