Welcome Back! Introducing Dr. Kam: A University Student Studying Medicine

• Thread starter KLscilevothma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends Hi
In summary, KLscilevothma is a returning member of Physics Forums who has been absent for a year due to studying medicine. KLscilevothma is now a first year university student and enjoys studying medicine, although there were times when they doubted their choice. KLscilevothma has successfully passed all exams and completed a summer attachment in microbiology research. They also plan to do an attachment in the surgical department and watch a live autopsy. KLscilevothma also traveled to Thailand and had a scary experience flying an ultralight aircraft. They are now back on PF and looking forward to becoming a medical doctor in four years.
KLscilevothma
I hope you guys still remember me. I do miss you, and of course I miss PF as well. :shy: Also want to say hi to those who don't know me. :smile:

Just a brief introduction of myself. I'm a rather old member here but have left here for about a year, and now I'm back! Why have I left? A long story. :rolleyes:

I'm now a first year university student. Mathematics and physics have been my favourite subjects, and they are still my favourites now. But then I decided to study something else that it is totally different from maths/physics. I don't need to do calculus, algebra, geometry, mechanics anymore, but I really miss doing maths. There were times when I doubt if I've chosen the right subject to study. My heart ached everytime when I logged on to PF because of all the struggles in my mind. That's one of the reasons why I quitted PF at that time. In the 2nd semester, I started to get used to studying medicine, and life became easier since then. And then I think actually it's quite fun studying medicine.

It's quite interesting to dissect cadaver, learn clinical skills and do animal experiments. :wink:

Now, a year has gone and I survive! Phew! I passed all the exams this year! :blushing: The final exams ended at the end of May. Then I attatched to cardiology department for two weeks and am now doing microbiology research for summer attatchment. After microbiology attatchment, I may do another attatchment in surgical department. Probably I'll ask a pathologist to let me watch a live autopsy(I've only watched a video-taped one) before the new semester starts. :smile:

I still have four years to go before you can call me Dr. Kam. :tongue2:

I traveled to Thailand with friends a few weeks ago and that was a nice trip. I tried to fly an ultralight aircraft in a flying club there and nearly lost control at about 6000 feet. Luckily there's a licensed pilot besides me and he saved his life by taking control of the plane immediately. :biggrin:

I hope you guys are doing well. o:) Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
KLscilevothma said:
I still have four years to go before you can call me Dr. Kam. :tongue2:

Hi KL! Its great to hear that you're happy with the change and doing well.

It's quite interesting to dissect cadaver

It's quite interesting to dissect cadaver, learn clinical skills and do animal experiments. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
Hi Doc Franki, Are you sure about this doctor thing :biggrin:
I am not sure wether to cringe or clap :uhh: But i guess you must be almost
nice if you like PF, it must have been a big leap from math to, to, to, what
you do :confused: but the need of the one is less than the few, so good
luck, i think :confused:

Welcome back KLscilevothma!

That's great that you've gone into medicine! It sounds like you will do well. :smile:

I find it interesting that you country, apparently, has a 4 year program which makes you a medical doctor. In the US you must complete a 4 year Undergrad degree (in nearly any field) before you apply to med school. Med school is yet another 4-6 year program, only then can you call yourself a medical doctor.

1. What is the focus of Dr. Kam's studies?

Dr. Kam is a university student studying medicine, so her focus is on learning about the human body and how to diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries.

2. What motivated Dr. Kam to study medicine?

Dr. Kam has always been interested in science and helping others, so she decided to combine her passions by pursuing a career in medicine.

3. What university is Dr. Kam attending?

Dr. Kam is attending XYZ University, known for its prestigious medical program and cutting-edge research in the field of medicine.

4. What are some challenges that Dr. Kam has faced as a medical student?

As a medical student, Dr. Kam has faced rigorous coursework, long hours of studying, and the pressure of performing well in her clinical rotations. She has also had to balance her studies with other responsibilities, such as part-time jobs and extracurricular activities.

5. What are Dr. Kam's career goals after completing her studies?

After completing her studies, Dr. Kam hopes to become a practicing physician and make a positive impact on the lives of her patients. She also hopes to continue her education and research in a specialized field of medicine.