Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi. ^.^

1. Jun 11, 2015 #1

Bru

New to the site and Physics. Currently aiming to create a new physics engine for video games.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

4. Jun 11, 2015 #3

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

That would be pretty sweet. What's the concept like? In other words how what would you be doing differently than current engines, particularly that new one that they made that demolition/racing/goofing off game; I wish I could remember what it was called. The engine they used there seemed pretty realistic, but of course, could always be better.

5. Jun 11, 2015 #4

Bru

I am aiming to make one that will take projectile drop off. and see if I can improve the physics in Oculus Rift games. I have a lot of studying to do in the fields of physics and applying it to programming.

6. Jun 11, 2015 #5

BiGyElLoWhAt

Gold Member

Yea, there's a lot that will go into it. I've been contemplating trying to make something similar to spore, but using a formula to generate genes and traits to keep the game as open ended as possible, rather than being limited to a few hundred creatures. Also with maybe kind of a sims feel to it, but sciency, using protiens to cure diseases, stuff along those lines. I guess it's not really an engine, but it's a game haha.

Well cool. Velkommen til PF.

7. Jun 11, 2015 #6

Bru

Well hey I would play it. :) sounds very fun.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook