How do hidden assumptions affect our understanding of mathematics?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential hidden assumptions in fundamental mathematical systems that do not take into account our cognition's ability to count. It presents a scenario involving counting identical beads and the limitations of not being able to use our memory. The conversation also touches on the axiomatic method and the importance of making all assumptions explicit. Finally, it discusses the connection between discreteness and continuum in relation to counting.
ram2048 said:
think the reason we're all having such a hard time with the system is it has very little in common with the current number system for which we can accurately use to describe common everyday events.
Because my number system is based on cognition (memory) / object(s) interactions , all you have to do is to look on yourself and think if Quantitative-only number system can be a non-trivial model of a complex , creative and unpredictable system like you.

In my opinion quantitative-only number system is too trivial to deal with real complexity where concepts like redundancy_AND_uncertainty are its first-order properties.

1) The standard quantitative-only number system is not get off stage, it is only becomes a proper
sub-system of a single information form of my system, which means that we are not limited to 0_redundancy_AND_0_uncertainty information forms.

2) My number system can be a new base for a "Turing-like" machine where probability is a first-order property of it.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
For clearer picture of my work, please look at:

http://us.share.geocities.com/complementarytheory/ONN.pdf

http://us.share.geocities.com/complementarytheory/ME.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
i think in order for your system to gain popularity you must define a clear relation between your numbers and the ones we currently use.

it's very difficult to convey information otherwise.

like:

i have 5, but not a union of 5, in a configuration of one plus one then one and one and one

i can only imagine the nightmare of trying to tell someone you have 283 of something... :O

Hi ram2048,

Organic-numbers are too complicated for "bare hands" use.

They can be useful only by Biological, Optical or Quantum computer systems, by using them as "Multi-level Turing-like machines".

No one can draw a Mandelbrot-set without using Computers, and Julia-sets are only a proper sub-set of my Organic number system, so if we use this Organic information forms as "first-order" building-blocks, we get our gateway to a universe of a non-trivial complexity, where cardinality and ordinality are based on cognition/object interactions, which is a paradigm shift in the Natural number concept.

Last edited:
thanks for taking the time to explain it to me

i think i understand now :D

Hi ram2048,

Thank you for the dialog, which is, in my opinion, the heart of any language (including Math).