Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hiding taskbar on a mac

1. Dec 18, 2005 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How can I hide the taskbar at the top of the screen of a mac? When I make a presentation and do 'slideshow', the bar stays on screen (see attachment)

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2005 #2

rho

with keynote or powerpoint?

4. Dec 18, 2005 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

open office

and I'm also worried that open office won't be transmitted to the beamer in the correct dimensions. As you see I've got a widescreen laptop, with 1440x960 I get the black vertical bars and beamer will resize so that the bars disappear, leaving the top and the bottom of the slide cropped (at least, that's what I notice with other people's presentations), when they resize their display the beamer will project correctly. The problem is when I resize my display to 1280x800 the way the presentation is displayed is weird (not sure how the beamer would deal with that).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  5. Dec 18, 2005 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah well, I found the culprit. It's X11, when I change the preferences to 'enable full screen mode' the taskbar disappears.. working with the mode is weird since I need to press alt-apple-a to make the application appear, which is otherwise hidden in that mode (it took me a while to find out which keys stand for command-option-a :rolleyes:)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?