Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Higgs ocean, dark energy and quantum fluctuations: related manifestations?

1. Feb 28, 2005 #1
    Brian Greene in "The Fabric of the Cosmos" gives the above three as indirect, universal fields in which we exist but have not yet directly detected. Could they be mathematically interlinked among themselves or with immediately observable phenomena?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2005 #2

ohwilleke

Gold Member

I'll withhold judgment about an interrelationship until there is more convincing evidence that any of them exist. Dark energy is the one with the most evidence behind it, but even there, there is simply an observed effect that could have multiple possible causes.

4. Mar 1, 2005 #3
    If they could, they would.

5. Mar 1, 2005 #4
    Would you all care to compare even qualitatively, if not quantitatively, possible similarities amongst the three or how they influence us?

6. Mar 1, 2005 #5
  7. Mar 1, 2005 #6
    I had overlooked that popular hypothesis, marlon; thanks for reminding me. How about working in the Higgs field as well, anyone?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?