Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High Emissivity Paint

  1. Apr 11, 2010 #1
    I'm supposed to measure temperature with an infrared camera. But when used on materials such as gold and aluminum or iron I get false readings (the emissivity is low). To solve this problem I figured I would need a paint that gives the surface high emissivity (low-reflective).

    My question is; where do I find this paint and what's it called
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2010 #2


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    3M used to make a super black Solar-Absorbent coating years back, but I don't know if it ever went commercial, due to the nature of the volatile solvents.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: High Emissivity Paint