1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High school math question

1. May 27, 2009 #1
    hello all, im a sophmore in high school, currently taking a geometry honors class (my high school goes alg2/accel -> geo -> precalc -> intro to calc/ab/bc, for the higher level math classes-- no multivariable, linear alg, etc.) last year, as well as the year before, i did terrible in math, but that was because i couldn't have cared less about it. not sure why i had that mindset, and sadly, im kicking myself for it. but, now that i'm actually applying myself, its so absurdly easy that i feel as if it'll never be remotely challenging. so, a question- will math become even slightly challenging/interesting in high school? or will i have to wait until my physics or engineering major for that(meaning plenty of self-studying will be in order)?

2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2009 #2
    If you find that there aren't enough challenging courses offered at your high school, you can always go to a local university and take courses there. I would suggest you do this over self-studying, as this could count for college credit.

4. May 27, 2009 #3
    It almost certainly won't. If you want a challenge you'll have to look elsewhere unfortunately. There are a lot of books you can find designed to challenge high schoolers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook