1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High School Physics Presentation Ideas help!

1. Oct 10, 2004 #1
    Hi, I am new here, but I am in need of some help. I am in a High School Physics Honors class, and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on a good quick presentation with a demonstration that gets the class involved. Please note that the maximum time is set at 10 mins, so this must be a quick presentation. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2004 #2
    Try to apply certain principals of physics under certain conditions such as water, friction ect and have the class estimate what will happen then explain your findings. I can't come up with anything else right now. Once you choose something I'd recommend getting your teacher's opinion on it as well.
  4. Oct 10, 2004 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get a couple of skate boards. Have a heavy person whose weight is known stand on one. Then have students come up one at a time and stand on the other. Have one person push the other person, and measure how far each skateboard travels. Then compute the weight of the other person. Have a bathroom scale handy to verify your results.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?