Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: High School Physics Presentation Ideas help!

1. Oct 10, 2004 #1
    Hi, I am new here, but I am in need of some help. I am in a High School Physics Honors class, and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on a good quick presentation with a demonstration that gets the class involved. Please note that the maximum time is set at 10 mins, so this must be a quick presentation. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2004 #2
    Try to apply certain principals of physics under certain conditions such as water, friction ect and have the class estimate what will happen then explain your findings. I can't come up with anything else right now. Once you choose something I'd recommend getting your teacher's opinion on it as well.

4. Oct 10, 2004 #3

tony873004

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get a couple of skate boards. Have a heavy person whose weight is known stand on one. Then have students come up one at a time and stand on the other. Have one person push the other person, and measure how far each skateboard travels. Then compute the weight of the other person. Have a bathroom scale handy to verify your results.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook