High School Plan for College Prep - Get Opinion

In summary, the speaker is a female who is homeschooled and seeking opinions on her planned high school courses, which include a mix of advanced academic subjects and extracurricular activities. She is also considering taking courses at a community college or hiring a private tutor.
Thanks, to all who replied. My plan is sort of a love child of sleep deprivation and stress over what I'm doing for High School. I'm really not sure what I should do or what classes to take, that's why I'm posting.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I was thinking about graduating earlier. But I wasn't sure if I should graduate earlier or attend the school, because I heard that some universities don't like to accept applicants under the age of 18. But you make a very good point so I probably will.

Thanks again, to all of you! I'm not so freaked out about what I'm going to do in High School now. You all helped immensely! = )

Last edited:
thrill3rnit3 said:
I suggest that you don't focus too much on your academics (but of course make sure you maintain the A's), but more than anything else, make sure your extracurricular stuff is like no other.

This is awful advice without being qualified with those extracurriculars being long term commitments that form a cohesive picture of who you are and what youre goals are.

If you are interested in science those EC's should be science related and you should do well on them . Win a science fair or compete on AMO and do well.

If youre interested in writing, write and submit it all over the place trying to get published.

The biggest waste of time are a large set of unfocused extracurricular activities.

Just don't get burnt out, make sure you've got some decent extracurricular activities and you should be fine.

i highly doubt you can understand the depth of quantum mechanics without knowing the math behind it, which I'm sure that calculus AB or BC offers. However, another point of inquiry. Why are you taking physics, medicinal chemistry and quantum mechanics? seems like a rather odd combination to me. again, I'm pretty sure you don't have the math requirements to understand quantum mechanics at grade 10. and molecular biology? what do you want to do as a career? seems like you just piled up courses that you found interesting by reading its description and piled them all up, even though your cramming a one year course into one semester.

think about it again, and then decide.

No offense, but did you simply just pick out courses that had interesting titles?

N-n-n-nnnecro post!