Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High school research suggestions

1. May 1, 2010 #1
    Hello,

First of all, I'm not sure whether this topic belongs here or in the academic guidance section -- I chose here because I think people reading this board would be more knowledgeable about the subject matter.

Anyway, I'm a current high school junior, and since the beginning of the school year I've been doing an internship at Fermilab, where I coded an nbody simulation and ran some simulations using it (ie halo formation, merging, etc). It's a basic program, but I think it's pretty good for a high-schooler and I worked hard on it. I'd like to enter a science competition in the fall such as Siemens or Intel, but I don't think that what I've done so far would suffice -- I think that I would need to have done more research.

Does anyone here have ideas on how to continue my research/use my program, besides simply creating and merging haloes?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted