High School Student failing pyhsics - could somebody me w/ my homework?

In summary: If math isn't your strong suit, then you might have to do more practicing to really get good at physics.In summary, this high school student is struggling in physics and is looking for help. He has a good GPA and is good at math, but is struggling with the physics. He recommends that the student get more help from their teacher and if that isn't possible find a tutor.
manda
High School Student failing pyhsics --- could somebody please helpme w/ my homework?

i am so desperate and i have no idea how to interpret anything let alone be able to solve a problem. help would be very much appreciated. i am an A student with an 58% in this class. i really need the help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi manda and welcome to PF,

First things first, calm down, things are rarely as desperate as they at the time.

Secondly, sure if you want help with your homework you've come to the right place. We have https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152" dedicated to helping students with their homework problems. Feel free to post your homework questions there, but please note that you are expected to put some effort into solving the problems yourself and show your attempted effort before we can help you.

I've never been terribly good and welcoming people, I'm sure the proper welcoming committee will arrive shortly, with a selection of fish :wink:

Edit: Doc beat me to it, but my reply was longer :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks i will try there.

(your welcome was very nice)

Hootenanny said:
Edit: Doc beat me to it, but my reply was longer :tongue2:
And sweeter, too! :!)

thanks

nobody has helped me though :(

i had a lot of trouble when I started physics too. I figured I'm a high 90's average student and I excel at math too, so therefore physics is going to be easy, but nope, not easy at all.

sure there is a lot of math involved, but I find it's not like math one bit. Math, I could conceptualize a whole problem in my head, and figure an approximate answer before I begin to tackle the problem. I found it impossible to do this with physics. Keeping track of all the variables mentally, and somehow relating them is near impossible for me.

I started slow, but things started picking up quite a bit once I got the 'jist' of physics. Instead of scribbling numbers left and right, I made sure I labeled everything carefully and descriptively. Instead of mentally conceptualizing, I drew detailed diagrams of the problem.

It was extremely frustrating at first, but I knew that for me to be good at something, I must practice, and a lot I did. I did hours and hours of practice questions that were not assigned by the teacher. I didn't have to do that, but those extra hours are paying off now.

manda said:
thanks

nobody has helped me though :(

You only waited 20 minutes. This is an all volunteer site. People help when they have time and when they see a problem they know how to do. We have many dedicated helpers who WILL help you. They cannot act immediately though! (Believe it or not, our homework helpers are, indeed, human...I think.)

Don't worry. Your question should be answered within 24 hours.

manda said:
i am so desperate and i have no idea how to interpret anything let alone be able to solve a problem. help would be very much appreciated. i am an A student with an 58% in this class. i really need the help.

You will need a lot of help then, this forum would not be appropriate for that. You should get more help from your teacher, and if the teacher doesn't have the time then hire a tutor.

If you have a 58%, HIRE A TUTOR! Seriously. Gpa is important if you want to go to college. And go on amazon, find a good book and get its complete solution manual!

Being good at math really doesn't help in physics. I have a friend that got a 800 on both the SAT math 1&2. He dropped my intro mechanics course with a C.

I would say that I'm pretty good at math myself( got all A's and 1B). And it comes easy for me. But I find physics just plain hard. I had to study 2hrs a day just to barely get a A-( so it can be done as you see). Contrast this with the amount of time I spend in math( 1-3hrs/week).

1. How can I improve my understanding of physics?

To improve your understanding of physics, try to attend all of your classes and pay attention during lectures. Take thorough notes and ask your teacher or classmates for clarification on any concepts that you do not understand. Additionally, practicing problems and studying regularly can also help improve your understanding.

2. What resources are available for help with physics homework?

There are many resources available for help with physics homework, such as online tutorials, study guides, and practice problems. You can also ask your teacher or classmates for help, or consider hiring a tutor.

3. How can I manage my time better to keep up with physics homework?

To manage your time better, try creating a study schedule and setting aside specific times for physics homework each day. This will help you stay on track and avoid falling behind. Additionally, try breaking down larger assignments into smaller, more manageable tasks to make them less overwhelming.

4. What should I do if I am still struggling with physics even after studying?

If you are still struggling with physics even after studying, try approaching your teacher for extra help or attending a study group with classmates. You can also try using different study methods or seeking out additional resources, such as online tutorials or practice problems.

5. How can I stay motivated to keep trying in physics when I am struggling?

It can be difficult to stay motivated when you are struggling with a subject, but remember that it is normal to have difficulties and that improvement takes time and effort. Set realistic goals for yourself and celebrate small successes along the way. Additionally, try to find ways to make physics more interesting and engaging, such as relating it to real-life examples or participating in hands-on activities.