• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

High School Thesis - Physics

Hello, I didn't know if this is the right place for this question but here it is. I have a thesis due by June sometime. The thesis is in an astronomy course so I would like to do something on physics. I have just started learning the basics and would like to impress the teacher (this might help me get a letter of recommendation from him, he rarely gives them). The thing is, is that I don't know what to write my thesis on, or what I need to study to be able to do that. I would like to do something on black holes as I find them interesting but hopefully you guys can help me out. Thank you!

andrevdh

Homework Helper
Are you sure you have to write a thesis? A thesis is arguments that supports a particular interpretation of scientific facts. That is you are trying to prove to the reader that your idea is the correct one.

No, sorry it is not a thesis, but a research project. I would like to impress him but don't have the physics background I think I need. I'm just completely lost as to what to do.

Last edited:

berkeman

Mentor
Welcome to the PF.

Have you read much about gravitational waves? They certainly are a timely topic... :smile: