1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High School Thesis - Physics

1. Mar 17, 2016 #1
    Hello, I didn't know if this is the right place for this question but here it is. I have a thesis due by June sometime. The thesis is in an astronomy course so I would like to do something on physics. I have just started learning the basics and would like to impress the teacher (this might help me get a letter of recommendation from him, he rarely gives them). The thing is, is that I don't know what to write my thesis on, or what I need to study to be able to do that. I would like to do something on black holes as I find them interesting but hopefully you guys can help me out. Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2016 #2

andrevdh

Homework Helper

Are you sure you have to write a thesis? A thesis is arguments that supports a particular interpretation of scientific facts. That is you are trying to prove to the reader that your idea is the correct one.

4. Mar 18, 2016 #3
    No, sorry it is not a thesis, but a research project. I would like to impress him but don't have the physics background I think I need. I'm just completely lost as to what to do.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  5. Mar 18, 2016 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Have you read much about gravitational waves? They certainly are a timely topic... :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted