Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High Schooler New to PF

1. Nov 18, 2014 #1
    Hi everyone! My name is Zai, a junior in high school and a passionate learner.

I stumbled upon the forums whilst looking for information about Stephen Hawking, a well regarded cosmologist as most of you are probably aware. I've just recently found a growing interest in physics and most especially astrophysics, but have always been interested in learning about space and the cosmos in general since I was little. It's definitely something I want to continue to learn more about, so I am happy to on board. See you around in the forums!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2014 #2
    Welcome to PF Zai!

4. Nov 19, 2014 #3

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cool Avatar.

5. Apr 12, 2015 #4
    To understand Hawking, it can be useful to read the works of previous astronomers and physicists. You can start with Newton and you may even want to go back further still. Read about Hubble and Einstein. Youtube has many of the Carl Sagan Cosmos episodes. Find and read the reference material that supports the topic of each. Next, find and view the Cosmos youtube videos by Neal deGrasse Tyson. Find and read the reference material for each episode. It is just that simple. It only takes one-and-a-half lifetimes. You can do that, I know you can!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook