Where Can I Find High Speed Electric Motors Over 10000RPM and 0.2 N*m?

In summary, the conversation discusses finding an electric motor that can operate at speeds higher than 10000RPM and 0.2 N*m. The speaker suggests looking into hard drive motors, specifically brushless DC motors that are capable of speeds up to 50000 RPM and have high torque. Some recommended manufacturers are Maxxprod and Himax, but there are also cheaper Chinese brands available. A digital speed controller is necessary for these motors.
GT1
I'm looking for a electric motor that works at speeds higher then 10000RPM and 0.2 N*m. Which companies manufacture such high speed motors?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't know for certain, but some hard drives have motors in that speed range. Unfortunately I don't know any specifics on how to obtain one without obtaining it yourself. (ie. deconstruction)

Also I am not sure how much torque a hard drive motor is capable of. Good place to start though!

10,000 RPM is nothing, I have a few brushless DC motors capable of 50,000 or more (depending on load) and they have high-torque too. They work at about 12 volts and draw 15 amps continuously. Weigh under 80 grams too. I use them for RC airplanes.

The trick is you need a digital speed controller for these, you can't just supply a potential.

Curl said:
10,000 RPM is nothing, I have a few brushless DC motors capable of 50,000 or more (depending on load) and they have high-torque too. They work at about 12 volts and draw 15 amps continuously. Weigh under 80 grams too. I use them for RC airplanes.

The trick is you need a digital speed controller for these, you can't just supply a potential.

What is the manufacturer name of those motors?

There are lots.
http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-262.html

I had 1 Himax and they're good quality but expensive. There are also some Chinese brands that work well and are much cheaper. Have to wait 2 weeks for shipping though.

1. What is a high speed electric motor?

A high speed electric motor is a type of motor that is designed to operate at a faster speed than traditional electric motors. These motors are often used in applications where high speed operation is required, such as in industrial machinery or electric vehicles.

2. How does a high speed electric motor work?

A high speed electric motor works by converting electrical energy into mechanical energy. This is done through the use of electromagnetic fields and the rotation of a rotor within the motor. The speed of the motor is determined by the frequency of the electrical current and the number of poles within the motor.

3. What are the advantages of using a high speed electric motor?

There are several advantages to using a high speed electric motor. These include increased efficiency, higher power output, and a smaller size and weight compared to traditional motors. Additionally, high speed electric motors can often be controlled more precisely, making them ideal for applications that require precise speed and torque control.

4. What are some common uses for high speed electric motors?

High speed electric motors are used in a wide range of applications, including industrial machinery, electric vehicles, and aerospace technology. They are also commonly used in household appliances, such as blenders and electric fans, and in smaller devices like power tools and computer hard drives.

5. Are there any limitations to using a high speed electric motor?

While high speed electric motors have many advantages, there are also some limitations to consider. These motors can generate a significant amount of heat, so proper cooling and ventilation is necessary. They also tend to have a shorter lifespan compared to traditional motors, and may require more frequent maintenance and replacement. Additionally, high speed electric motors may be more expensive than traditional motors, depending on the specific application and requirements.