Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High Speed rotating magnetic fields

1. Jan 23, 2008 #1
    Hi All,

I have been doing some research into rotating magnetic fields and their properties. No I'm not talking about a applications such as AC motors, but just the general properties of them.

I've heard rumors of different effects taking place when the fields are rotated at extreme speeds (approaching significant fractions of the speed of light). anythings from Doppler compression to time dilation and inertial effects. The trouble is I have found little to no research information in this area. The closest thing I've found was some research papers about rotating plasmas, but these didn't seem to be relevant.

I'm wondering if anyone here knows any of anyone who has done research on the effects of high speed rotating magnetic fields? If so, I am interested in doing some more reading on the topic.

Thanks,
    Jason O

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted