Electrical High voltage DC 30kv - 40kv

Hi all

Trying to carry out an experiment and need a high voltage supply
Looking for say upto 40kv dc adjustable generator been looking on the net and only able to find low cost voltage boosters on eBay

Or if anyone know of a good website to try

Any help would be much apreciated

Thanks....Niki

anorlunda

Mentor
Insights Author
Gold Member
How much power do you require? What are you trying to accomplish?

High voltage by itself can be safe. For example, battery powered bug zappers. Indeed, one of those bug zappers may provide what you need for your experiment.

But high voltage plus significant current capabilities can be lethal. Only well trained people should work with it.

berkeman

Mentor
Trying to carry out an experiment and need a high voltage supply
Looking for say upto 40kv dc adjustable generator been looking on the net and only able to find low cost voltage boosters on eBay

Or if anyone know of a good website to try
I can sell you one for about 20k USD. Contact me at berkeman on the darkweb. Thanks.

How much power do you require? What are you trying to accomplish?

High voltage by itself can be safe. For example, battery powered bug zappers. Indeed, one of those bug zappers may provide what you need for your experiment.

But high voltage plus significant current capabilities can be lethal. Only well trained people should work with it.
It’s an experiment to show the effects of electrostatics so will only be using low amperage I’m quite aware that high voltage and current would be leathal, so I won’t stick the electrodes on my tongue thumbs up for the advice.

If I wanted to buy a bug zapper and butcher it to bits for parts I would get one, the description in the post is variable high voltage dc upto 40kv

Waste of time post thanks

j

I can sell you one for about 20k USD. Contact me at berkeman on the darkweb. Thanks.
Is that where you bought that bannana bike from?

Once again someone who wants to leave a post with no knowlege

Once again someone who wants to leave a post with no knowlege
You got replies from two professional electrical engineers, at least one of them working with high voltage systems... and you didn't answer the question about the power (or current) you are interested in.

If the bug zapper has sufficient voltage you can add a voltage divider to make it adjustable.

You got replies from two professional electrical engineers, at least one of them working with high voltage systems... and you didn't answer the question about the power (or current) you are interested in.

If the bug zapper has sufficient voltage you can add a voltage divider to make it adjustable.
Yes a bug zapper may have the required voltage but that’s not what I need!

Forget it obviously no one knows where to get such a device on here