1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High Voltage Supply

1. Sep 14, 2008 #1
    Hi guys, I have been wanting to many electrical experiments over the last few years that need a high voltage power supply, till now I havnt found one suitable for me and thus wondering if anyone here on the PF has any suggestions. I dont exactly have a large budget, In fairness I would like to make my own out of old parts of stuff, when I say low budget i mean less than £70 (Im quite strapped for cash but Im only in secondary school so you wouldnt expect to be loaded) even thats a bit of a push, Obviously in the understand of the risks and precuasions I would have to take. Thanks guys :-)

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2008 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Define "High voltage".

4. Sep 14, 2008 #3
    Ah of course sorry about that russ, Im thinking about 20kV range. I should state as well that im looking to run this from UK mains 240V AC 50 Hz Thanks

5. Sep 14, 2008 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?