1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Higher Dimensions

1. Jul 18, 2004 #1
    Let's have example dimensions for what I am going to say, the 3rd (ours) and 4th (time). Now firstly our dimension has infinite frames of the second dimension at every foint and that second dimension having a frame of the first at every point in it, and so on. The fourth dimension [time] contains a frame of the 3rd dimension at every point in it, also saying that the 5th through 10th dimensions are time travelling dimension:they travel through their previous dimension. I am not sure how to put this into equation but let me think: D^2=D^1*i, D^3=D^2*i, and so forth. however, a dimension takes up EVERYTHING, so it is inside a higher dimension. the 10th dimension is EVERYTHING. Oh my...
    I have come up with another addition to this in my sleep: The only way to visualize a 4th dimensional axis is a 3rd dimension axis warped on itself: every time you move you see a different 3rd dimensional frame, as in our dimension: every time you move you see a different 2 dimensional frame, and so on.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted