Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Highest Sustained Temperature Mankind Can Produce?

1. Jan 17, 2005 #1
    What is the highest sustained temperature mankind can produce and how is it done? I've searched Google and Wikipedia already and I came here hoping to find the answer.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I still think thermonuclear devices (like bombs) produce the highest temperature.Round 10^{8}K.The same temperature as in the core of the Sun.

Daniel.

4. Jan 17, 2005 #3
    Sustain as in, keep the hot object in a container ?
    Then i think it would be the experimental fusion reactor which is in UK i think. A long time has passed since i ve read about this and i can faintly remember now but if memory serves correctly, the kept a fusion reaction inside a metal torus shaped container by the help of a magnetic field. The plasma kept going in circles inside the torus.

5. Jan 17, 2005 #4
    Thanks for the help but I've found my answer here under "Science And Technology" then "Amazing Science" and finally, "Highest Man-Made Temperature".

6. Jan 17, 2005 #5
    Haaaa thats old. :tongue:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook