1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Highest Sustained Temperature Mankind Can Produce?

1. Jan 17, 2005 #1
    What is the highest sustained temperature mankind can produce and how is it done? I've searched Google and Wikipedia already and I came here hoping to find the answer.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I still think thermonuclear devices (like bombs) produce the highest temperature.Round 10^{8}K.The same temperature as in the core of the Sun.

Daniel.

4. Jan 17, 2005 #3
    Sustain as in, keep the hot object in a container ?
    Then i think it would be the experimental fusion reactor which is in UK i think. A long time has passed since i ve read about this and i can faintly remember now but if memory serves correctly, the kept a fusion reaction inside a metal torus shaped container by the help of a magnetic field. The plasma kept going in circles inside the torus.

5. Jan 17, 2005 #4
    Thanks for the help but I've found my answer here under "Science And Technology" then "Amazing Science" and finally, "Highest Man-Made Temperature".

6. Jan 17, 2005 #5
    Haaaa thats old. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?