Hiked in Yellowstone, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has finished their PhD and is returning to Europe after living in the USA for four and a half years. They have traveled extensively in the American Southwest and visited many national parks, finding them to be more spectacular than cities. The speaker also congratulates Clausius on his PhD and expresses hope to see him more often on PF. Other members also congratulate Clausius and ask about his degree.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just wanted to let you know, to those PF veterans that may remember me from writing here a long time ago, that, four years and a half after, I'm finally done with my phd and with my adventures in usa (for the moment)! I'll go back to europe after this (to france). I also wanted to add that, besides studying and all that boring stuff, I have traveled across USA, seen most of the american southwest, the california coast and part of the east coast, and from what I can tell, the most spectacular places that I've ever been to were not in cities but in national parks. So heads up and don't miss those wonders you guys have in USA!. I hiked in Yellowstone, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Joshua Tree, Pinnacles, and been to Dead Horse Point, Antelope Canyon, the Horseshoe bend, the Goosenecks of the san juan river, the Grand Tetons, the Everglades and Anza Borrego. These places are just amazing and seeing them was much more remarkable than getting my degree!.

Best regards to everyone.

Physics news on Phys.org

Congrats on the PhD, Clausius!

I've hiked in many of those places. They are truly amazing.

I hope to see you around here more often.

Congrats!:smile:
Glad to see you again!

Congrats Clausius!

Great work! I hope this means you'll now have more time to spend on PF :smile:.

Congrats. What did you get your degree in?

Congrats, DOCTOR Clausius2!

Congratulations, Clausius2!

What is the best time of year to hike in Yellowstone National Park?

The best time to hike in Yellowstone National Park is during the summer months (June-August) when the weather is mild and most trails are accessible. However, be prepared for crowds during this time. If you prefer a quieter experience, consider visiting in the spring or fall.

How difficult are the hikes in Zion National Park?

The difficulty of hikes in Zion National Park varies depending on the trail. Some trails, like the popular Angels Landing, are strenuous and require climbing steep switchbacks. Other trails, like the Riverside Walk, are easy and accessible for all levels of hikers. Be sure to research the trails beforehand and choose one that fits your abilities.

Are there any precautions I should take while hiking in Bryce Canyon National Park?

Yes, there are several precautions you should take while hiking in Bryce Canyon National Park. First, be sure to stay on designated trails to avoid damaging the fragile landscape. Also, be aware of the high altitude and bring plenty of water to stay hydrated. Finally, watch out for wildlife and follow all safety guidelines when encountering animals.

What is the best way to explore Capitol Reef National Park?

The best way to explore Capitol Reef National Park is by hiking. There are over 150 miles of trails ranging from easy to strenuous, and they offer the best way to experience the park's unique geological features. You can also drive the scenic Capitol Reef Scenic Byway to see the park's highlights from the comfort of your car.

What should I pack for a hiking trip in these national parks?

For a hiking trip in Yellowstone, Zion, Bryce, and Capitol Reef, it's important to pack plenty of water, snacks, sunscreen, and appropriate clothing and footwear. It's also a good idea to bring a map or guidebook, a first aid kit, and bear spray (if hiking in Yellowstone). Be sure to research the specific trails you will be hiking to determine any additional items you may need.

Back