Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hilarious Phases of Our Youth

1. Jul 5, 2003 #1
    Did you ever go through any phases when you were young?

I guess I did the grunge thing shortly followed by the goth/industrial thing... it's kind of funny now when I look back.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2003 #2
    i did the internet physics forum phase for a while.
  4. Jul 5, 2003 #3
    From about late 10th grade through my first 2 or 3 years after that I had long black hair and usually wore black.

WHat a dumbass. Now I dress in business clothes and have short natural blonde hair. What a change - I looked like a scrawny POS
  5. Jul 5, 2003 #4
  6. Jul 6, 2003 #5
    our friendship circle went through a hippy, free love, communism phase when we were like 10 or something, come to think of it nothing has changed except the free love thing, we replaced that with free drugs. and i'm pretty much the only remaining communist.

we went through a big phase of pyromania too actually, we've collected all the newspaper clippings detailing our exploits! there was a park near our school, there was a big tree sort of thing but that had imploded in on itself so as to provide a hollow, hidden cavern. we had a fire there where we would roast marshmellows until that fateful day the tree was uprooted, the cops had found our den (which we had spray painted blue and siver) with the fire pit, old bongs that sort of thing...

ahhh childhood
  7. Jul 6, 2003 #6
    Yes that was a problem with me to I almost burnt my house down once. Amazing stuff that sodium chlorite.
  8. Jul 6, 2003 #7
    I was only joking you wacko's!
  9. Jul 6, 2003 #8
    i only blew up a flower pot, with water.
  10. Jul 6, 2003 #9
    im forever your stereotypical socially inept fugly looking nerd. <sigh>
  11. Jul 6, 2003 #10
    Me and a friend once blew up a dog (entirely by accident though) stupid animal decided that the fizzling fuse smelled nice. Still at least it must have been quick.

EDIT: I still feel guilty.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  12. Jul 7, 2003 #11
    heh my friend's dog tries to eat lit fireworks too...

i guess that is darwin's natural selection at work...
  13. Jul 7, 2003 #12
    i went through a christian stage
    i had a slight pyro stage, too
  14. Jul 7, 2003 #13
    kinda funny but as a junior in highschool i can look at a particular freshmen experiencing the same phases i had... i had this phase where i thought i was smarter than everyone, now i am having this phase where i know i am smart then everyone
  15. Jul 8, 2003 #14
    Considering the fact that you're in NE, being more intelligent than everyone around you probably isn't such a terrific feat.

16. Jul 8, 2003 #15
    Wheres NE then?
  17. Jul 8, 2003 #16
    Nebraska, they are famous for their awesome ability to grow corn and... well, just corn.

I shouldn't completely diss NE though, they are home to one of the only schools in the world where one can study new advances in the application of physics to the science of archeology.

18. Jul 8, 2003 #17
    Is it worse than Quebec?
  19. Jul 8, 2003 #18
    Imagine a very plain and boring state. Imagine the state of Indiana. Now subtract NASCAR and basketball.

Well, at least we can that NE doesn't have SARS.

20. Jul 8, 2003 #19
    I dont know what indiana is like either, never been to the states or cananda for that matter. But if you say its boring then i will take your word for it. Dont like corn either so it must be bad if thats all they can grow!
  21. Jul 9, 2003 #20
    heh my phase was being one of those grung loving skater kids, then it went to being a goth, now im a nice smart business man that wheres a suit all day (hope i grow out of this phase soon).

used to have a tendancy to mix random chemicals to see how they would react, had some fun results.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?