Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hilarious use of language to the extreme

1. Jan 25, 2005 #1
    A couple of months ago, my friend told me a story. The story was about an incident that occured when he was working at the movie theater. He explained how two "gangster" girls were there talking, and amongst the profanities, there was, "yo cuz i bet her up the other day". Of course, my friend replied with, "You mean, 'beat' up, right?" One of the girls replied with, "no cuz, it's bet cuz it's ****in pretense or whatever ya ****in call it."

I laughed when he told me!

Anyway, today, I was riding the bus, and this girl (probably the same one), was on the cell phone and said, "i'm so ****ing pissed yo. ma cuz got ****ing bet up yesterday." Wow... I just turned to my friend, and we both bursted out laughing, silently, of course.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2005 #2
    that'll be a great story to tell at your next Klan rally.

4. Jan 27, 2005 #3
    Gangsta talk is so hilarious to listen to, it really shows how low our culture has sunk in the last 100 years or so.

5. Jan 27, 2005 #4
    You do mean "burst out laughing", surely -- it is pretense, after all. :tongue2:

6. Jan 27, 2005 #5
    don't make fun of the way someone talks when they are trying to make fun of the way someone talks.

7. Jan 27, 2005 #6

Don't you like the irony though?

Still i have to agree. Can't stand it when people talk like that. Its just downright annoying.

8. Jan 27, 2005 #7

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

There's no difference between those people mentioned and the little teeny-bopper girls that improperly use the word "like."

If I remember correctly this was a large topic in the book "Closing of the American Mind."

9. Jan 27, 2005 #8
    =x
    Yeah, that's my mistake =\ Not speaking English as a first language wouldn't really suffice as an excuse, so yes, I'll correct myself from now on. :)

Isn't it ironic how you declare that type of speaking a racial predisposition, without me saying anything? Yet, you're scrutinizing me for the very thing you're doing. Are you sure it's not your Klan rally?

10. Jan 27, 2005 #9
    No, my rally isn't until Wednesday night.

11. Jan 27, 2005 #10
    How did you win the funny award? That remark was not funny, at all.

12. Jan 27, 2005 #11

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Dear Zeteg,
    I'm sorry to say that,but you have a rather "skinny" sense of humor... :frown:

Daniel.

13. Jan 27, 2005 #12
    I won? wow, I'd like to thank Moonbear, and Evo and Tsu and oh I know I'm forgetting someone. Um. I want to thank God and um oh and all of you who voted for me. Thank you, thank you so much and remember to vote. Together we CAN make a difference.

14. Jan 27, 2005 #13
    I doubt that, seeing as almost everything makes me laugh. However, Trib's aforementioned remark was not the least bit funny, nor did it even make sense.

Trib, your last remark was also not funny. I can't even begin to show my disgust.

15. Jan 27, 2005 #14

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Then u must be havin a really bad mood...Chill out... o:)

Daniel.

16. Jan 27, 2005 #15
    I totally agree with Zeteg. I rarely find myself funny. responses to my post crack me up to no end, especially when I can egg the respondee further and further towards the cliff edge. I apologize Zeteg, I'll quit messing with you. Heil Hitler.
    lol see, I can't help myself sometimes.

17. Jan 27, 2005 #16
    I'm not in a bad mood, and I'm not really in any way annoyed, or about to metaphorically fall off a cliff (or physically fall off, to avoid another 'joke' there. Which if made, would've been slightly funny).

It's just not funny, I don't know what else to say. =\

18. Jan 27, 2005 #17

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Okay,we can live with that...No problem... :tongue2:

It's just that seeing what Tribdog does...I don't know u just can't help it... :tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.It's not in my intention to be funny...

19. Jan 27, 2005 #18
    then you have succeeded, congratulations

20. Jan 27, 2005 #19

You didn't thank me!?!?! that hurts....deep down....like in my shoes.

21. Jan 27, 2005 #20
    I had your name engraved next to mine on the statuette.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?