Hilarious use of language to the extreme

• Lingusitics
  • Thread starter Zeteg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Language
In summary: uh...memorial to the dead forum...you're not going to make it out alive if you don't start thanking people, you know.P.S.S.S.You didn't thank me??!I'm sorry, I forgot. I'll thank you now. :)
Zeteg
A couple of months ago, my friend told me a story. The story was about an incident that occurred when he was working at the movie theater. He explained how two "gangster" girls were there talking, and amongst the profanities, there was, "yo because i bet her up the other day". Of course, my friend replied with, "You mean, 'beat' up, right?" One of the girls replied with, "no cuz, it's bet because it's ****in pretense or whatever you ****in call it."

I laughed when he told me!

Anyway, today, I was riding the bus, and this girl (probably the same one), was on the cell phone and said, "i'm so ****ing pissed yo. ma because got ****ing bet up yesterday." Wow... I just turned to my friend, and we both bursted out laughing, silently, of course.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Science news on Phys.org
that'll be a great story to tell at your next Klan rally.

Gangsta talk is so hilarious to listen to, it really shows how low our culture has sunk in the last 100 years or so.

Zeteg said:
I just turned to my friend, and we both bursted out laughing, silently, of course.

You do mean "burst out laughing", surely -- it is pretense, after all. :tongue2:

abhishek said:
You do mean "burst out laughing", surely -- it is pretense, after all. :tongue2:
don't make fun of the way someone talks when they are trying to make fun of the way someone talks.

tribdog said:
don't make fun of the way someone talks when they are trying to make fun of the way someone talks.

Don't you like the irony though?

Still i have to agree. Can't stand it when people talk like that. Its just downright annoying.

There's no difference between those people mentioned and the little teeny-bopper girls that improperly use the word "like."

If I remember correctly this was a large topic in the book "Closing of the American Mind."

abhishek said:

=x
Yeah, that's my mistake =\ Not speaking English as a first language wouldn't really suffice as an excuse, so yes, I'll correct myself from now on. :)

tribdog said:
that'll be a great story to tell at your next Klan rally.

Isn't it ironic how you declare that type of speaking a racial predisposition, without me saying anything? Yet, you're scrutinizing me for the very thing you're doing. Are you sure it's not your Klan rally?

No, my rally isn't until Wednesday night.

How did you win the funny award? That remark was not funny, at all.

Dear Zeteg,
I'm sorry to say that,but you have a rather "skinny" sense of humor... :frown:

Daniel.

Zeteg said:
How did you win the funny award? That remark was not funny, at all.
I won? wow, I'd like to thank Moonbear, and Evo and Tsu and oh I know I'm forgetting someone. Um. I want to thank God and um oh and all of you who voted for me. Thank you, thank you so much and remember to vote. Together we CAN make a difference.

dextercioby said:
Dear Zeteg,
I'm sorry to say that,but you have a rather "skinny" sense of humor... :frown:

Daniel.

I doubt that, seeing as almost everything makes me laugh. However, Trib's aforementioned remark was not the least bit funny, nor did it even make sense.

Trib, your last remark was also not funny. I can't even begin to show my disgust.

Then u must be havin a really bad mood...Chill out... o:)

Daniel.

I totally agree with Zeteg. I rarely find myself funny. responses to my post crack me up to no end, especially when I can egg the respondee further and further towards the cliff edge. I apologize Zeteg, I'll quit messing with you. Heil Hitler.
lol see, I can't help myself sometimes.

I'm not in a bad mood, and I'm not really in any way annoyed, or about to metaphorically fall off a cliff (or physically fall off, to avoid another 'joke' there. Which if made, would've been slightly funny).

It's just not funny, I don't know what else to say. =\

Okay,we can live with that...No problem... :tongue2:

It's just that seeing what Tribdog does...I don't know u just can't help it... :tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.It's not in my intention to be funny...

dextercioby said:
P.S.It's not in my intention to be funny...
then you have succeeded, congratulations

tribdog said:
I won? wow, I'd like to thank Moonbear, and Evo and Tsu and oh I know I'm forgetting someone. Um. I want to thank God and um oh and all of you who voted for me. Thank you, thank you so much and remember to vote. Together we CAN make a difference.

You didn't thank me??! that hurts...deep down...like in my shoes.

I had your name engraved next to mine on the statuette.

tribdog said:
I had your name engraved next to mine on the statuette.

Score! My name is carved on a statuette of a naked gold guy! Oh wait, that's the oscars...So what is this a statuette of? The volcano god?

Nope,u didn't get it,your name was ENGRAVED,like in BURRIED... :tongue2:

Naked...

Daniel...

P.S.And alive... :tongue2:

dextercioby said:
Nope,u didn't get it,your name was ENGRAVED,like in BURRIED... :tongue2:

Naked...

Daniel...

P.S.And alive... :tongue2:

MM, naked and alive, just the way i like em...oh...wait...did i just say that...dang it.

I special names for those people:

Yo-Yo
White Chocolate
NoVoCab

:)

What does "hilarious use of language to the extreme" mean?

"Hilarious use of language to the extreme" refers to the use of language in a humorous or comedic way that is taken to an extreme level. This can involve wordplay, exaggeration, or unexpected twists in language to create a comedic effect.

How is "hilarious use of language to the extreme" different from regular humor?

"Hilarious use of language to the extreme" differs from regular humor in that it specifically focuses on the use of language as the primary source of comedy. It often involves playing with words, phrases, and expressions in a clever and exaggerated manner to create an over-the-top comedic effect.

Can anyone use "hilarious use of language to the extreme"?

Yes, anyone can use "hilarious use of language to the extreme" in their communication. However, it may require a certain level of creativity and wit to effectively use language in this way. Some people may have a natural talent for it, while others may need to practice and develop their skills.

Is "hilarious use of language to the extreme" considered a form of comedy?

Yes, "hilarious use of language to the extreme" is considered a form of comedy. It falls under the category of verbal humor, which involves using language to create humor. Other forms of verbal humor include puns, sarcasm, and satire.

How can "hilarious use of language to the extreme" be beneficial?

"Hilarious use of language to the extreme" can be beneficial in many ways. It can help improve communication skills, as it requires creativity, quick thinking, and a good understanding of language. It can also bring joy and laughter to others, which can improve relationships and overall well-being. Additionally, it can be a great tool for public speaking and presentations, as it can engage and entertain audiences.