Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hilarious Video

1. May 28, 2008 #1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaGgpGLxLQw

The lyrics and video had me laughing so hard. Very well done. I want one of those robots!

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2008 #2
    No one else found it funny?

4. May 28, 2008 #3
    Haha, nice. I thought it was pretty funny myself :biggrin: I love it when they mix rap and science, it's awesome!!!!!!!!

5. May 28, 2008 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Creationist propaganda! I would laugh if I didn't think this was not a laughing matter....sadly.

6. May 28, 2008 #5
    How so? Even if it is, they failed miserably as it comes off looking more pro-science than anything else.

7. May 28, 2008 #6
    I was thinking that myself until I started to notice the symbols. The Ichthys, the robot (Dawkins machine), ect.

8. May 28, 2008 #7
    No, look more carefully. Its really a fish with feet via evolution.

9. May 28, 2008 #8
    That's hilarious.
    Check out "MC Hawking" particularly the "Entropy" song. I'd link a video but it has explicit content.

10. May 28, 2008 #9
    You're right... that's it. I'm getting glasses.

11. May 28, 2008 #10

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A scientist looks through a microscope and asserts that he is seeing something that is evidence against evolution, and he is thrown out of his lab? ...And has "Expe11ed" stamped on his forehead? Eugenie Scott in a bikini, rubbing her belly?

It appears you've completely missed the point of the video.

12. May 29, 2008 #11
    "He is also involved with a heavy metal group called Dark Matter." :rofl: I can't believe i've never heard of this before.

13. May 29, 2008 #12
    Irony anyone?
    "MC Hawking" is portraid as a gun totting, malt liquor swilling, gangsta rapper shooting "those punk a** b****s from MIT" but I seriously doubt they are being anti Stephen Hawking.

14. May 29, 2008 #13
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  15. May 29, 2008 #14

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That would take a double layer of irony. There's already a layer of irony involved in portraying Dawkins as talking about how smart the PhDs are, as opposed to the creationists.

In any case, the link posted above vindicates my opinion.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  16. May 29, 2008 #15
    The creator is apparently on the fence.

17. May 29, 2008 #16
    Either way, it was a horrible marketing tool for them because I find it hilarious, and so do many atheists.

18. May 29, 2008 #17
    Actually the ability to catch the attention of people inside and outside of your primary target audience is generally considered good marketing. ;-)
    It's quite ingenious in my opinion.

19. May 29, 2008 #18
    Dually. Reading the Youtube remarks gives a bit of entertainment.

20. May 29, 2008 #19

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

1. Anyone that wants to bring more publicity to ID is, in my opinion, at the very least misguided, but still a part of the ID propaganda machine. Publicity is a huge issue for the ID folk - this is stated clearly in the Wedge Strategy (phase II)

2. The truth in the test tube idea is exactly the point of ID itself (phase I of the wedge strategy) and is explicitly the point of the Expelled movie too (have you watched it?). These people want to use "science" to "prove" their design argument.

21. May 29, 2008 #20
    Yes, but it was meant as a viral promotion against science and evolution. That is where they failed miserably.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?