1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hill and BBC Yield Criterion, Hardening Models

1. Nov 20, 2012 #1
    Sorry - I didn't post according to the template as even though this is a homework/coursework question; it's not as black and white as a question and answer!

I am doing a piece of coursework, or research if you like, for university. The purpose of it is to investigate how the results of FEA models vary from ACTUAL strain test results.

As a part of this I have to use different Yield Criterion (Hill 48 and BBC 2005) as well as different Hardening Models (Ludwik, Swift, Ghosh, Hockett-Sherby and Combined Hocket-Sherby).

I'm just not really sure what these are and how they are different to one another.

I'm kind of lost in translation and I was hoping someone here could help me understand.

This is probably very vague, but being as confused as I am, its hard for me to even ask the question properly so if you need any more information please ask!

Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted