Hip Hop Fans

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
I just downloaded a few songs by Gang Starr and bought a CD from A Tribe Called Quest.

Those two groups two some of the best rap I've heard in a long time. With crap like Ludacris blaring on the radio, and hip hop being introduced to the general public by people like Eminem, Nelly, Ja Rule, rap has changed for the worse.

I really recommend the rap fans here to listen to Gang Starr, and music fans in general to purchase the Low End Theory CD by ATCQ. Great music. :biggrin:

Answers and Replies

The new De La Soul is good as well

Anybody remember Master P? I used to be big into him and No Limit. I wonder what happend to them.

Gza
Anybody remember Master P? I used to be big into him and No Limit. I wonder what happend to them.
make em say ughhhhh, ughhhhh, na na na na, na na na na. lol.

Aside from P, most of No Limit were fad rappers. Mystikal? Could any of us really understand a word he was saying?

Anyways, new south-side rappers got popular. Sillk is still around though. I think Master P focusing on producers.

The new De La Soul is good as well
Haven't gotten much of a chance to listen to De La Soul, aside from "Ooh!". Any recommendations?

aTCQ is cool

Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Rap isn't usually my favorite music, but Blackalicious is extremely excellent. Always been a small time fan of Beastie Boys as well.

Dagenais said:
Anyways, new south-side rappers got popular. Sillk is still around though. I think Master P focusing on producers.
I didn't realize Silkk is still around. Master P, I noticed, is doing a bit more acting than ususal. Last time I saw him was in Hollywood Homicide, and doesn't he have a show on Nickelodeon?

You could always get De La's greatest hits. I like Blackilicious is real good. The quannam guys are good. Mos Def and Talib have new one's out. I like Mos Def alot.