Discover the Best Rap Music: Gang Starr & A Tribe Called Quest

• Music
  • Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, the conversation discusses various rap artists and groups, including Gang Starr, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Master P, and Blackalicious. The group members express their opinions on the current state of rap music and recommend different artists for others to listen to. They also mention Master P's focus on producing and his recent ventures into acting. The conversation ends with a discussion on the music of Mos Def and Talib Kweli.
Dagenais
I just downloaded a few songs by Gang Starr and bought a CD from A Tribe Called Quest.

Those two groups two some of the best rap I've heard in a long time. With crap like Ludacris blaring on the radio, and hip hop being introduced to the general public by people like Eminem, Nelly, Ja Rule, rap has changed for the worse.

I really recommend the rap fans here to listen to Gang Starr, and music fans in general to purchase the Low End Theory CD by ATCQ. Great music. :biggrin:

Science news on Phys.org
The new De La Soul is good as well

Anybody remember Master P? I used to be big into him and No Limit. I wonder what happened to them.

Anybody remember Master P? I used to be big into him and No Limit. I wonder what happened to them.

make em say ughhhhh, ughhhhh, na na na na, na na na na. lol.

Aside from P, most of No Limit were fad rappers. Mystikal? Could any of us really understand a word he was saying?

Anyways, new south-side rappers got popular. Sillk is still around though. I think Master P focusing on producers.

The new De La Soul is good as well

Haven't gotten much of a chance to listen to De La Soul, aside from "Ooh!". Any recommendations?

aTCQ is cool

Rap isn't usually my favorite music, but Blackalicious is extremely excellent. Always been a small time fan of Beastie Boys as well.

Dagenais said:
Anyways, new south-side rappers got popular. Sillk is still around though. I think Master P focusing on producers.

I didn't realize Silkk is still around. Master P, I noticed, is doing a bit more acting than ususal. Last time I saw him was in Hollywood Homicide, and doesn't he have a show on Nickelodeon?

You could always get De La's greatest hits. I like Blackilicious is real good. The quannam guys are good. Mos Def and Talib have new one's out. I like Mos Def alot.

What makes Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest considered the best in rap music?

Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest are considered the best in rap music due to their unique and influential styles, socially conscious lyrics, and their impact on the development of hip hop as a genre.

How did Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest become popular in the rap music scene?

Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest gained popularity through their innovative and skilled use of sampling, their collaborations with other successful artists, and their ability to stay true to their roots while also experimenting with new sounds.

What sets Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest apart from other rap artists?

Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest are known for their smooth and jazzy beats, as well as their conscious and thought-provoking lyrics that often touch on social and political issues. They also have a strong focus on lyrical skill and storytelling, setting them apart from other rap artists.

What are some of the most popular songs by Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest?

Some of the most popular songs by Gang Starr include "Mass Appeal," "DWYCK," and "Moment of Truth," while A Tribe Called Quest is known for hits like "Can I Kick It?," "Electric Relaxation," and "Award Tour."

How have Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest influenced modern rap music?

Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest have had a major influence on modern rap music, inspiring other artists with their unique styles, socially conscious messages, and emphasis on lyrical skill. They have also paved the way for the fusion of jazz, funk, and other genres into hip hop, which can be seen in many popular rap songs today.