Collaborate with a Physicist: Finding Solutions to Complex Problems

• Thread starter gva
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicist
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of hiring a physicist to help solve certain problems and the average cost of consulting services for physicists. The conversation also mentions the difficulty of finding a physicist to collaborate with and the potential challenges of working with a physicist as a funding source.
gva
Is there any such service anywhere where I can hire a physicist to help solve certain things? How much per solution or day or week? anyone here?

Physics news on Phys.org
There are a lot of engineering conslulting services - fewer physicists.

What kind of physicist do you need? A solid state physicist is different from a condensed matter is different from astro from nuclear, etc.

Consultants I know go from $100 - $500 per hour.

Careful.

[PLAIN said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/]Soliciting:[/PLAIN]
Soliciting or offering financial payment for any reason is strictly prohibited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Courtney said:
There are a lot of engineering conslulting services - fewer physicists.

What kind of physicist do you need? A solid state physicist is different from a condensed matter is different from astro from nuclear, etc.

Consultants I know go from $100 - $500 per hour.

Physicist expert in quantum interpretations. To help me write paper on arxiv.

gva said:
Physicist expert in quantum interpretations. To help me write paper on arxiv.

You've got an uphill climb.

Folks who do theoretical physics as a hobby have something of a bad reputation among physicists with PhDs.

You could try starting a discussion on the Physics Stack Exchange: http://physics.stackexchange.com/

But short of going to grad school in Physics, I'm not sure I can recommend many paths with confidence that will accomplish what you want to do.

You could also try visiting the Physics Depts of nearby universities, but you are going to need a quick pitch to convince hearers that you are not a crank wasting their time.

If your budget is only a few hundred dollars, odds are you will only interest grad students, and then you have the challenge of finding one who can really contribute to your problem on that budget.

To interest PhDs, you probably need to catch their attention very quickly with a brilliant idea, or bring a lot of cash to the table - in which case you are more of a grant source than collaborator. Physicists are not accustomed to the funding source also being the collaborator.

What is "Hire a Physicist"?

"Hire a Physicist" is a service that connects businesses, organizations, and individuals with qualified physicists for various projects and tasks. It allows clients to find experts in the field of physics and hire them for their specific needs.

Why should I hire a physicist?

Hiring a physicist can provide valuable expertise and knowledge in areas such as research, data analysis, problem-solving, and innovation. Physicists also have a strong foundation in math and scientific principles which can be applied to a wide range of projects in various industries.

What types of projects can a physicist help with?

Physicists can assist with a variety of projects, including but not limited to research and development, data analysis, product design, and consulting. They can also provide insights and solutions for complex problems in fields such as engineering, technology, and healthcare.

How can I hire a physicist?

You can hire a physicist through various channels, such as online platforms, referrals, or directly contacting a physicist or a physics company. "Hire a Physicist" provides a convenient and efficient way to find and hire qualified physicists for your specific needs.

What qualifications should I look for when hiring a physicist?

When hiring a physicist, it is important to look for individuals with a strong educational background in physics, relevant work experience, and a track record of successful projects. You may also want to consider their specific areas of expertise and skills to ensure they are the right fit for your project.