Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

History Channel Arrrggghhh!

1. Jan 6, 2009 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

History Channel....Arrrggghhh!

The History Channel is playing this documentary called, "Earth's Black Hole."

During the course of the documentary they ask whether a black hole under the ocean could be responsible for the bermuda triangle...

Does anyone edit these things anymore?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2009 #2
    Re: History Channel....Arrrggghhh!

It's all about business. They need to attract more viewers.

4. Jan 6, 2009 #3

Hahahahaha I remember seeing that a few months ago. The History Channel is known to showcase **** like this.

5. Jan 6, 2009 #4

Oh man, that's my favorite show! That comes on right after modern marvels: perpetual motion.

6. Jan 6, 2009 #5

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I missed it - so whats the answer?

7. Jan 6, 2009 #6

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

If there is one, it must be pretty small. I've been to Bermuda and I didn't see it.

8. Jan 6, 2009 #7

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You probably didn't see it because it's absorbing all the light that's hitting it...:rolleyes:

9. Jan 7, 2009 #8

I first saw that about a year ago and decided to just stop watching the History Channel at that point--especially since that wasn't the only new show that has nothing to do with history. But then I was flipping through the channels last night and decided to wait out a commercial to see what was on History. Just my luck.

10. Jan 7, 2009 #9

[thread=283303]Marcus says, maybe not ![/thread] :tongue2:

11. Jan 7, 2009 #10

Saw it about a year ago. It didn't have along description about what it was about on the cable guide. Started watching it thinking it would be something worthwhile. as soon as they started in on the BErmuda Triangle and dredging up all the theories about what could cause this phenomenon I turned it off. I'm surprised they re-ran it. It's a bunch of crap.

12. Jan 7, 2009 #11

I once watched a show on the history channel regarding the "rod" phenomena. While the show seemed to take the idea seriously they definitely and conclusively debunked the whole thing at the end.

There's only so much history and only so much of it that people are actually interested in watching. If they are going to continue making new showsthey have to make them about something. And I don't see what's wrong with a show on the Bermuda Triangle and popular theories surrounding it. Regardless of it being a silly idea it is an idea that is part of our history. I've not seen the show so I have no idea how bad it might be but they certainly showcased some rather rediculous theories about rods in the show I mentioned.

13. Jan 9, 2009 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't know. We can't seem to get any information out of that area.

14. Jan 9, 2009 #13

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I just watched a show on the History Channel that showed what would happen if a huge asteroid hit earth. Then they interviewed people asking them if they knew this was going to happen and they would die a horrible death, what would their last wish be, and half of these morons said that they would want to have a child because they'd never experienced that before. Ok, what kind of sick, twisted person would have a child they knew would be incinerated after birth just so they could have the experience?

15. Jan 9, 2009 #14

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

These are likely the same people that would insist on having an epidural.

16. Jan 9, 2009 #15

Evo

I had 5 epidurals with my first child and four with my second. They wear off after a few hours.

When the Evo Child was born, the girl in the room with me insisted on having a "natural" childbirth, no epidural. She was so wiped out from the pain that when it was time to deliver, she didn't have the strength to push and they had to do a C section (cut her open).

I pushed both of mine out after 2-3 pushes, the doctors were amazed. I guess that's really unusual.

Yeah, you touched on a really sore spot with me. These people that say that if you use pain blockers it's not a "natural" childbirth. BS! Delivery is just as natural with or without pain. But your chances of having an easier delivery if you had a chance to rest from the pain is a plus.

17. Jan 9, 2009 #16

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Don't you get repeats until they are at least 18?

18. Jan 9, 2009 #17

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

You mean the pain stops once they are 18?

19. Jan 9, 2009 #18

My 16 year old twins don't show any signs of it?

20. Jan 10, 2009 #19

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I liked the comment from the woman who said that she already had three kids, so she would have a martini.

21. Jan 11, 2009 #20

Evo

Arrgghh!!! Nostradamus 2012 and this silly Mayan 2012 doom/destruction of the planet. People are willing to believe this and they discount the fact that the Mayans didn't predict the demise of thier own culture?

Not to mention that there is no doomsday prediction for 2012 by the Mayans. It's a cycle that's repeated every 20 years that they are referring to, this 20 years is no different from the past 20 year cycles that the world hasn't been destroyed.

How can people be so stupid? Why do people want so desperately to believe in nonsense?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?