Exploring Historical Discussions: Top History Forums

In summary, the user is looking for a history forum that is active. There are a few options available, but the user is not sure which one to choose.
Rabid
Can someone recommend some good history forums?

Science news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148

Last edited by a moderator:
saw that coming...

Saw that coming...

I think the user asked for "good" history forums :tongue2:

Saw that coming...

Saw that coming...

Saw both coming too..

Ugh, I wish you guys were history...

Saw it coming first... :tongue2:

mattmns said:
I think the user asked for "good" history forums :tongue2:

Not to bash the one here, but I thought there might be some good ones that have more activity someone could recommend.

*hits HRW with a salmon*

Bet you didn't see that one coming :devil:

I have not visited in a while but Historychannel.com used to have a pretty active forum, dedicated to history of course.

Integral said:
I have not visited in a while but Historychannel.com used to have a pretty active forum, dedicated to history of course.
Wow, I didn't see that coming. This thread almost got back on topic! :eek:

Sorry, it's the witching time of night! Consider this: If no one posted in a forum until it became active...

Jeezz, I sure hate to be the one to throw a monkey wrench in a good digression. Sorry :blushing:

Integral said:

Thanks. That is the kind I am looking for.

http://www.talk-history.com/forum/index.php?

Ain't too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Integral said:
Jeezz, I sure hate to be the one to throw a monkey wrench in a good digression. Sorry :blushing:
:blushing: :frown: I saw the monkey. I saw the wrench. I didn't see a monkey wreh... :zzz:

hijacked on post three. is that a record?

Smurf said:
hijacked on post three. is that a record?
If it is, I'm sure yomamma will try his best to break it.

1. What is the purpose of exploring historical discussions?

The purpose of exploring historical discussions is to gain a deeper understanding of past events and their impact on the present. By examining different perspectives and interpretations, we can analyze historical discussions and draw conclusions that may provide insight into current issues and challenges.

2. How can I access history forums?

History forums can be accessed through various online platforms such as websites, social media groups, and discussion boards. You can also attend in-person history forums and conferences organized by universities, museums, and other institutions.

3. What topics are commonly discussed in history forums?

History forums cover a wide range of topics, including political and social events, cultural movements, military history, and biographical discussions of famous figures. Some forums may focus on specific time periods or regions, while others may have a more general scope.

4. How can I contribute to history forums?

You can contribute to history forums by sharing your knowledge, insights, and opinions on various discussions. You can also offer resources, such as articles, books, or documentaries, to supplement the discussion. Additionally, you can ask questions and engage in respectful debates with others to further the conversation.

5. What are the benefits of participating in history forums?

Participating in history forums can help expand your knowledge and understanding of historical events and perspectives. It also allows you to connect with others who share similar interests and engage in critical thinking and analysis. Additionally, participating in history forums can help you develop communication and research skills.