1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

History of QFT.

1. Feb 26, 2006 #1
    I was wondering if anybody could recommend some books which deal with the development of QFT.
    I'm almost finished Schweber's "QED and the men who made it", which I found excellent, however it only deals with QED.
    So are there any other good histories of QFT?

And is there a "History of QCD" book, which is to QCD what Schweber's book is to QED.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2006 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Mar 4, 2006 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The first chapter in Weinberg's first volume of his QFT book is also a useful reading...

Daniel.

5. Mar 5, 2006 #4
    Thanks, I picked it up in my university library, it's exactly what I wanted.

I also picked this up, the history section is a little terse, obviously though since it is an exposition on the subject itself.
    However, even though I don't know anywhere near the level of knowledge in this text or understand half the mathematics, it has shown me how far QFT goes. I won't be happy until I know QFT to this level.
    Thanks for pointing it out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?