Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

History of QFT.

1. Feb 26, 2006 #1
    I was wondering if anybody could recommend some books which deal with the development of QFT.
    I'm almost finished Schweber's "QED and the men who made it", which I found excellent, however it only deals with QED.
    So are there any other good histories of QFT?

And is there a "History of QCD" book, which is to QCD what Schweber's book is to QED.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2006 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Mar 4, 2006 #3

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The first chapter in Weinberg's first volume of his QFT book is also a useful reading...

Daniel.

5. Mar 5, 2006 #4
    Thanks, I picked it up in my university library, it's exactly what I wanted.

I also picked this up, the history section is a little terse, obviously though since it is an exposition on the subject itself.
    However, even though I don't know anywhere near the level of knowledge in this text or understand half the mathematics, it has shown me how far QFT goes. I won't be happy until I know QFT to this level.
    Thanks for pointing it out.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook