Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hitchhiker's guide quest

1. May 4, 2006 #1
    i bet most of you have already seen it... a friend told me about it a year ago, but i got to play it just now... so those of you that havent played it yet:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game_nolan.shtml

and those who did finish it.... can you please private message me a hint?
    im stuck at the part where the babel fish falls to the grate... i tried putting everything in it... must have missed an object back on earth...

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2006 #2
    i can't even get beyond my front yard...

4. May 5, 2006 #3
    heh, havent you read the book (or seen the movie)?

eh, even though its a spoiler, i think its early and easy enough to say...
    lie in the mud

oh, and nm about the hint for the babel fish... got it, im now wandering around the heart of gold.

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  5. May 5, 2006 #4
    yeah, i've read the books and seen the movie. i just don't remember every detail of the plot that well. i did lie down, i could just never stand up. i ended up cheating and looking online.

6. May 5, 2006 #5

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hehe, you have to think like Arthur instead of a game player! It takes a bit to get used to it! (I just got out of my yard alive. Yay!)

7. May 5, 2006 #6
    i died too often and i had to start from the begining every time. frustrating

8. May 5, 2006 #7

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can save your game.

9. May 6, 2006 #8
    yeah, i figured out how to save, i couldn't figure out how to load a game. though, i have now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?