Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hmmm

1. Nov 26, 2004 #1
    Hmmm....

If i don't know which forum to post a question in , where should i post it? :confused: It's definitely about science but I'm not sure which one.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You have two options. 1) If you really aren't at all sure where to put it, PM one of the mentors and ask them where the best place is for your question, or 2) Take your best guess of what you think it's most related to and if it's in the wrong place, the mentors will move it to the right place for you.

4. Nov 26, 2004 #3

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Good advice.
    In this case, you can post the question right here, and I will help you figure out where it best belongs :smile:

Really- I'm SO not busy it's sad :redface:

5. Nov 26, 2004 #4
    Does this post belong in General Discussion?

6. Nov 26, 2004 #5

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I think this one wins, by process of elimination; the post doesn't fit in any other forum and this is general discussion. Pretty much a catch-all.
    Where do you think it belongs?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  7. Nov 26, 2004 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It could qualify as feedback, but isn't really, so this seems just fine for a very general question. If it had been posted in any of the other fora, it probably would have gotten kicked over here anyway. It's good to see someone checking where to post before just putting their question in any random place. :approve:

8. Nov 26, 2004 #7
    Is greg still building the "Random, worthless things tribdog says and can be safely ignored by anyone sane and semi intelligent" forum? I know GD is getting a bit crowded with them.

9. Nov 26, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I found just the forum for you:
    http://myinsanity.proboards21.com/

Though, it doesn't look very active, you might get starved for attention there. :frown:

10. Nov 26, 2004 #9
    lol you know me too well. I'm an attention whore. RECOGNIZE ME!!

11. Nov 26, 2004 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is a gratuitous reply just to appease tribdog's need for attention. :smile:

12. Nov 27, 2004 #11
    Thanks for the advice! :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?