Hoarding: Is It You? | Garage Out Buildings

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Moon B is a hoarder who saves everything, even old batteries. She is in the process of clearing out all the clutter and trashing whatever excess stuff she can. She is not paying movers to carry junk from one home to another.
  • #1
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,446
558
Are you one? garage out buildings crammed with stuff that might be useful
one day.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
Yes! I've got boxes of broken toys in the loft. You never know when you might need a titchy electric motor or some plastic gears. If I'm walking past a lamp post, I'll get out my trusty Swiss Army knife and strip it of its zip-ties. They're useful! I've also got boxes of random nuts and bolts, they'll come in handy. Got a box of computer parts from the 1980s; one day they'll be worth a fortune on Ebay (at the moment they're worth nothing). Somewhere in the garage are a load of nice Smiths instruments and Lucas lights from an old Mini Cooper, they'll come in handy when I built my kit car. And I've got sooooo many old screwdrivers which I'm sure I'll use one day. Honest.

Oh, and I also find it difficult to throw old batteries away.
 
  • #3
I'm a real whor... oh, hoarder. Nope, sorry.
 
  • #4
I'm the complete opposite. I move so often, it's just too much of a hassle to keep too many things. I'm in the process of clearing out all the clutter and trashing whatever excess stuff I can. Whatever I can't sell, I'll give away, and whatever I can't give away, I'll throw away. I'm not paying movers to carry junk from one home to another.
 
  • #5
matthyaouw said:
I'm a real whor... oh, hoarder. Nope, sorry.
this deserves its own thread... :uhh: :rolleyes:
 
  • #6
Moonbear said:
I'm the complete opposite. I move so often, it's just too much of a hassle to keep too many things. I'm in the process of clearing out all the clutter and trashing whatever excess stuff I can. Whatever I can't sell, I'll give away, and whatever I can't give away, I'll throw away. I'm not paying movers to carry junk from one home to another.
Poor Moon B, imagine not being able to keep that whatsathingamig, that could
be useful, in 2096.
 
  • #7
I am a organized hoarder, everything has a place. Categorized and sub-categorized. But if you didn't know my system, you'd never find anything. :rofl:
 
  • #8
hypatia said:
I am a organized hoarder, everything has a place. Categorized and sub-categorized. But if you didn't know my system, you'd never find anything. :rofl:

OOOOhh, typical____________lady
:biggrin:
 
  • #9
this probablem came acrooss when hypatia suddenly tried to alphabetise the dates in which she bought her stuff
 
  • #10
yomamma said:
this probablem came acrooss when hypatia suddenly tried to alphabetise the dates in which she bought her stuff
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 
  • #11
[QUOTE by BREWIE]
Oh, and I also find it difficult to throw old batteries away.[/QUOTE]
Batteries make the world quiver, what would we do without them?
 
  • #12
just some of the things{treasures} I save.
Car parts, tools of any kind, buttons,beads, watch parts,harmonicas, rocks/gems/minerals,books, guitar parts,postcards people have sent, NASCAR,carved table legs,clothes, kitchen gadgets, walking stick handles,lace bits,valentine cards, glass fishing net floats,seeds..and way too much more.
But I have no clutter visable in my home or yard. And YES i plan to use it all someday :approve:
 
  • #13
hypatia said:
And YES i plan to use it all someday :approve:
key word boldfaced :approve:
 
  • #14
hypatia said:
just some of the things{treasures} I save.
Car parts, tools of any kind, buttons,beads, watch parts,harmonicas, rocks/gems/minerals,books, guitar parts,postcards people have sent, NASCAR,carved table legs,clothes, kitchen gadgets, walking stick handles,lace bits,valentine cards, glass fishing net floats,seeds..and way too much more.
But I have no clutter visable in my home or yard. And YES i plan to use it all someday :approve:

Hmm, I wonder what kind of seeds :wink:
 
  • #15
I stash away everything I can get my hands on..
 
  • #16
arildno said:
I stash away everything I can get my hands on..

So what's in your garage, attic, shed?
 
  • #17
I heard about someone who even kept empty cans. He even took trashes that he saw in the streets... His home was full of these things!(Personaly I never met him but I heard a lot about him!) :bugeye:
 
  • #18
Lisa! said:
I heard about someone who even kept empty cans. He even took trashes that he saw in the streets... His home was full of these things!(Personaly I never met him but I heard a lot about him!) :bugeye:

That sounds like Arildno. :biggrin:
 
  • #19
Mr wolram said:
That sounds like Arildno. :biggrin:
:bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye:
 
  • #20
I know all about "beer-cans". They're difficult to handle.
 
  • #21
arildno said:
I know all about "beer-cans". They're difficult to handle.

Some times my mind is boggled :confused: dare i ask :confused:
 
  • #22
arildno said:
I know all about "beer-cans". They're difficult to handle.
You're kidding?
 
  • #23
Lisa! said:
You're kidding?

Your highness, i think things may not mean the same to arildno
:confused:
 
  • #24
What are you talking about, wolram??
I just meant that if you don't open a beer-can with care, all the beer will just spurt out, getting your clothes soaked in beer.


What did you think I was talking about?
 
Last edited:
  • #25
arildno said:
What are you talking about, wolram??
I just meant that if you don't open a beer-can with care, all the beer will just spurt out, and you have to throw the can into your trash-bin way too soon, aside from getting your clothes soaked in beer.


What did you think I was talking about?
Thanks to explain it because I thought you kept the beer-cans! :uhh: And it's all Mr wolram's fault to make me think like that! :grumpy:
 
  • #26
Keeping beer-cans??
No, I just throw them in my trash-bin when that is the right thing to do.
 
Last edited:
  • #27
ASk Mr. wolram about that! :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
 
  • #28
He is a vile man.
 
  • #29
No comment! I've promised to be nice and polite with him!
 
  • #30
I've still got a Commodore Vic 20 in the attic (next to that 'tennis' game where you slotted in a cartridge and you had these 'handsets' with a dial on them. You had to move the line up and down to stop a white dot from getting past. Anyone remember that one?

I also collect books, comics, stamps, coins, anything I think is interesting or useful at a later date.
 
  • #31
Daminc said:
I've still got a Commodore Vic 20 in the attic (next to that 'tennis' game where you slotted in a cartridge and you had these 'handsets' with a dial on them. You had to move the line up and down to stop a white dot from getting past. Anyone remember that one?

I also collect books, comics, stamps, coins, anything I think is interesting or useful at a later date.
Commodore??
That piece of trash?

I had a ZX Spectrum..
 
  • #32
ZX Spectrum? That oversized calculator? I always had a problem programming with that. At least the Commodore had a qwerty keyboard :))
 
  • #33
Daminc said:
ZX Spectrum? That oversized calculator? I always had a problem programming with that. At least the Commodore had a qwerty keyboard :))
:rofl:
Ah, it all comes back to me now:
The soft, almost sensual feel of the Spectrum's rubber keys (and also the frustration when they stopped working..)
 
  • #34
The soft, almost sensual feel of the Spectrum's rubber keys
You're sick mister ;)
 
  • #35
Lisa! said:
No comment! I've promised to be nice and polite with him!

I am on bended knee asking for forgiveness, your highness,
but it is all arildnos fault for confusing me :biggrin:
 

Similar threads

Replies
66
Views
3K
Replies
15
Views
2K
Replies
17
Views
923
  • Materials and Chemical Engineering
Replies
6
Views
1K
  • New Member Introductions
Replies
2
Views
185
Replies
3
Views
1K
  • General Math
Replies
1
Views
1K
  • General Engineering
Replies
7
Views
2K
  • Computing and Technology
Replies
17
Views
2K
Replies
3
Views
2K
Back
Top