Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HOAX ALERT! If you own a new laptop, read this

1. Oct 11, 2005 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2005 #2

ranger

Gold Member

OH WOW:surprised :surprised

Isnt there a chance that ones router and/or firewall could block this data from being transmitted?

4. Oct 11, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Wow indeed... i wonder why there was no picture of the keylogger?

Time to look for someone with a new laptop...

5. Oct 11, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

6. Oct 11, 2005 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Evo you jerk, I already sent out a request to all the geeks in the country to check their keyboards for the BS this guy spouts.

*gives you a hug*

7. Oct 11, 2005 #6

Evo

So, you have thousands of geeks nervously dismantling their laptops now?:tongue:

8. Oct 11, 2005 #7
    That's what happens when you believe everything you read on the Internet. Shame on you!

9. Oct 11, 2005 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

yah! :rofl: :rofl:

10. Oct 11, 2005 #9

Evo

I'd lay low for awhile if I were you. :biggrin:

11. Oct 11, 2005 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Every hacker in the US is about to attack me :(

12. Oct 11, 2005 #11

JamesU

Gold Member

whew...! :smile:

13. Oct 11, 2005 #12

Evo

Tell them it was a test to see if they could fall prey to an internet hoax. You're teaching them how to avoid being victimized. Someday they'll thank you for this. :tongue2:

14. Oct 11, 2005 #13

russ_watters

Please. :rolleyes: Geeks don't dismantle their laptops "nervously". That's about the only thing we do with confidence! :biggrin:

15. Oct 11, 2005 #14
    Talking to girls, on the other hand....

16. Oct 11, 2005 #15
    Girls? What is this "girls?"

17. Oct 11, 2005 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

They are mythical creatures sometimes found schooling like fish. They are mainly located in malls and on cell phones. Researchers have been having a tough time determining if these creatures are "intelligent".

*grabs his GOOBF card*

18. Oct 11, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You better grab a handful of yomamma's GOOBF cards too...that one's really going to cost ya! :grumpy: :devil:

I don't know though, Russ seemed to be doing pretty well with his arm around TWO women at that football game. What are the odds of finding not just one but two women who like football AND will let a geek touch them?! :biggrin:

19. Oct 11, 2005 #18
    Yesterday, scientists for the FDA suggested that men take a look at their beer consumption, considering the results of a recent analysis revealing the presence of female hormones in beer. The theory is that drinking beer makes men turn into women. To test the finding, 100 men were given 6 cans of beer each. It was then observed that 100% of the men gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional, couldn't drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, and refused to apologize when wrong. No further testing is planned.

*RUNS AWAY FAR FAR AWAY...WITH his GOOBF card(s)*

20. Oct 11, 2005 #19
    Ahhhh girls...yes. We geeks call them the Dark Side.

21. Oct 11, 2005 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh god I don't think PF has given away enough GOOBF cards to make up for THAT one

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?