HOAX ALERT If you own a new laptop, read this

• Thread starter oldunion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary, a conversation about a hoax involving keystroke loggers being installed on laptops was discussed among a group of individuals. One person believed it to be true and was worried about their laptop, while others pointed out evidence that it was a hoax. The conversation then shifted to a discussion about girls, with one person jokingly defining them as "mythical creatures" and another adding that they are also "the Dark Side." The conversation continued with various jokes and comments about girls and ended on a humorous note about the effects of beer on men.
oldunion
http://www.infowars.com/articles/bb/gov_caught_installing_keystroke_loggers.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
OH WOW

Isnt there a chance that ones router and/or firewall could block this data from being transmitted?

Wow indeed... i wonder why there was no picture of the keylogger?

Time to look for someone with a new laptop...

Evo you jerk, I already sent out a request to all the geeks in the country to check their keyboards for the BS this guy spouts.

*gives you a hug*

Pengwuino said:
Evo you jerk, I already sent out a request to all the geeks in the country to check their keyboards for the BS this guy spouts.

*gives you a hug*
So, you have thousands of geeks nervously dismantling their laptops now?:tongue:

That's what happens when you believe everything you read on the Internet. Shame on you!

Evo said:
So, you have thousands of geeks nervously dismantling their laptops now?:tongue:

yah! :rofl: :rofl:

I'd lay low for awhile if I were you. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I'd lay low for awhile if I were you. :biggrin:

Every hacker in the US is about to attack me :(

whew...! :smile:

Pengwuino said:
Every hacker in the US is about to attack me :(
Tell them it was a test to see if they could fall prey to an internet hoax. You're teaching them how to avoid being victimized. Someday they'll thank you for this. :tongue2:

Evo said:
Please. :rolleyes: Geeks don't dismantle their laptops "nervously". That's about the only thing we do with confidence! :biggrin:

Talking to girls, on the other hand...

Smurf said:
Talking to girls, on the other hand...
Girls? What is this "girls?"

Archon said:

They are mythical creatures sometimes found schooling like fish. They are mainly located in malls and on cell phones. Researchers have been having a tough time determining if these creatures are "intelligent".

*grabs his GOOBF card*

Pengwuino said:
They are mythical creatures sometimes found schooling like fish. They are mainly located in malls and on cell phones. Researchers have been having a tough time determining if these creatures are "intelligent".
*grabs his GOOBF card*
You better grab a handful of yomamma's GOOBF cards too...that one's really going to cost ya! :grumpy: :devil:

I don't know though, Russ seemed to be doing pretty well with his arm around TWO women at that football game. What are the odds of finding not just one but two women who like football AND will let a geek touch them?! :biggrin:

Yesterday, scientists for the FDA suggested that men take a look at their beer consumption, considering the results of a recent analysis revealing the presence of female hormones in beer. The theory is that drinking beer makes men turn into women. To test the finding, 100 men were given 6 cans of beer each. It was then observed that 100% of the men gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional, couldn't drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, and refused to apologize when wrong. No further testing is planned.*RUNS AWAY FAR FAR AWAY...WITH his GOOBF card(s)*

Ahhhh girls...yes. We geeks call them the Dark Side.

moose said:
*RUNS AWAY FAR FAR AWAY...WITH his GOOBF card(s)*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh god I don't think PF has given away enough GOOBF cards to make up for THAT one

dammit. i would have seen this if i wasnt taking mine apart...:grumpy: . I got all worked up, no time to check if its a hoax or not. but then again, if they could put chips in laptops, they could play it off as a hoax. maybe ill keep dismantling, i had to put it back together midway.

AAccttuuaallyy,, II ssuussppeecctt tthhaatt tthheerree iiss aa kkeeyylloggeerr oonn mmyy llaappttoopp..

Archon said:
Girls = Boobs
Now you get it? :biggrin:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Girls = Boobs
No, no. A woman is the sum of her parts. You missed a couple.

What is "HOAX ALERT If you own a new laptop, read this"?

"HOAX ALERT If you own a new laptop, read this" is a message that has been circulating online warning people about a potential hoax or scam targeting new laptop owners.

What is the purpose of this hoax?

The purpose of this hoax is to spread false information and potentially trick people into taking certain actions, such as sharing the message or clicking on malicious links.

What actions should I take if I receive this message?

If you receive this message, it is best to ignore it and not take any actions. Do not share the message or click on any links included in it.

Is there any truth to this message?

There is no evidence to support the claims made in this message. It is likely a hoax or a scam designed to cause panic and confusion.

How can I protect myself from falling for this hoax?

To protect yourself from falling for this hoax or any other similar scams, always verify information from credible sources before taking any actions. Do not click on suspicious links or share messages without fact-checking first.