PF Members' Hobbies: Music, Sports & More

• Music
  • Thread starter beamie564
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary: far.I thought of learning to play a piano, but then decided against it ( good pianos being more expensive and also not very mobile). But I do hope to start playing them at some point in my life.. It's quite impressive, you playing at an orchestra.
Nobody else likes to draw :frown:

Likes James Holland
Science news on Phys.org
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Nobody else likes to draw :frown:
i like to draw. however when i do it is an abomination to the eyes of all who behold it

Likes kjdfhgd, Sophia and ProfuselyQuarky
James Holland said:
i like to draw. however when i do it is an abomination to the eyes of all who behold it
At least you find pleasure in making that abomination :woot: You've made my day . . . what do you sketch?

Likes James Holland
anything really. just depends what i feel like

buildings are quite fun to draw.

I only drew one building ever. Now that was an abomination. I'm much more suited to doodle people, I think.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/ae72f9df3c6c2adc60941765de4077f7/tumblr_o0xze29eUP1v57x4so1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes physics user1, Dembadon, Sophia and 2 others
that is without doubt astronomically better than the ones i draw
if that is an abomination then what is a master piece?

ProfuselyQuarky said:
I only drew one building ever. Now that was an abomination. I'm much more suited to doodle people, I think.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/ae72f9df3c6c2adc60941765de4077f7/tumblr_o0xze29eUP1v57x4so1_1280.png
I find your picture very appealing, some thing like a run down bordello:biggrin:.

Likes James Holland
James Holland said:
that is without doubt astronomically better than the ones i draw
if that is an abomination then what is a master piece?
A very subjective question, but I've always liked this picture
hda259-frpub-re-co.jpg

We can all imagine that that one of phind's bowls is inside dining room :biggrin:

Likes Sophia, collinsmark and James Holland
ProfuselyQuarky said:

That is a wonderful picture. I enjoy drawing too, but it is usually satire and sometimes distasteful for a place like PF. Just recently I drew a picture of my friend and I fighting off giant roaches in the basement of our workplace. He had dual Uzi's and I had a flamethrower. These were big roaches.

phinds said:
When my back isn't bothering me, I think about watching a strongman competition but it occurs to me how strenuous it would be and I go read a good book instead :smile:

Oh tell me about it. It can be really tough watching people lift weights and do work. You better get yourself a glass of lemonade too so you don't get dehydrated.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
wolram said:
I find your picture very appealing, some thing like a run down bordello:biggrin:.
:eek:

I was kind of picturing a bed and breakfast, but oh well :smile:

Last edited:
Likes James Holland
OrangeDog said:
. Just recently I drew a picture of my friend and I fighting off giant roaches in the basement of our workplace. He had dual Uzi's and I had a flamethrower. These were big roaches.
that most definitely reminds me of fallout

Likes collinsmark
ProfuselyQuarky said:
:eek:

I was kind of picturing a bed and breakfast, but oh well

Sorry of course it is a run down bed and breakfast, it was just my quirky imagination run riot:biggrin:
Are you going to show us more of your etchings?

Likes James Holland and ProfuselyQuarky
OrangeDog said:
Just recently I drew a picture of my friend and I fighting off giant roaches in the basement of our workplace. He had dual Uzi's and I had a flamethrower. These were big roaches.
That sounds so weird, it's beautiful :-p

Likes James Holland
James Holland said:
that most definitely reminds me of fallout

These roaches were meaner and dirtier. It was in regards to a comment our boss made about how grimy our new building has become. We imagined walking downstairs to get some paperwork and being mauled to death by giant insects and other creatures.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and James Holland
OrangeDog said:
These roaches were meaner and dirtier. It was in regards to a comment our boss made about how grimy our new building has become. We imagined walking downstairs to get some paperwork and being mauled to death by giant insects and other creatures.
well it inspired me to make a fallout thread.
must be hard to draw well. sounds epic though

wolram said:
Sorry of course it is a run down bed and breakfast, it was just my quirky imagination run riot:biggrin:
i didnt get your first comment but now i see

wolram said:
You can see them for yourself :smile:

Phind's website is more impressive, but what can I say? I'm a student who lacks knowledge in a lot of things . . .

Likes James Holland
I to have an unorthodox fascination with fire, i like to refer to it as pyromania

Likes kjdfhgd and ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Phind's website is more impressive, but what can I say? I'm a student who lacks knowledge in a lot of things
that makes two of us

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
ProfuselyQuarky said:
You can see them for yourself :smile:
http://kurlioart.tumblr.com
Phind's website is more impressive, but what can I say? I'm a student who lacks knowledge in a lot of things . . .

I think this one is the best http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%3A%2F%2Fgreatinspire.com%2F25-beautiful-pencil-drawing%2F&t=OTQ1NGM2N2YwZDIwZjNlZGM1MWEyZTA0M2E2OGIwNjUzMDYwOWVkZiw5VkJQWFhUUQ%3D%3D your hair looks good to me, i also like the TinTin one.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
James Holland said:
well it inspired me to make a fallout thread.
must be hard to draw well. sounds epic though

Who said anything about it being any good! I couldn't sleep one night so I drew it in about 30 minutes.

James Holland said:
I to have an unorthodox fascination with fire, i like to refer to it as pyromania
I hope that doesn't lead you into any legal troubles in the future :biggrin:

Likes James Holland
@zoobyshoe is known for some amazing artwork. I'll leave it to him whether he wants to share or not. Either way, it's really good though.

Likes OmCheeto
James Holland said:
I'm a social pyromaniac. I build big fires in a fire pit instead of burning down the neighbors houses. When I was young and we were in North Carolina, sometime in the 50's when there were small-business tobacco barns everywhere, one of the bigger ones caught fire. A big wooden tobacco barn full of dry tobacco, all burning, is a sight to behold. I decided right then and there that I was going to be a pyromaniac, but the thought of going to jail keeps me contained :smile:

Likes James Holland, wolram and ProfuselyQuarky
collinsmark said:
@zoobyshoe is known for some amazing artwork. I'll leave it to him whether he wants to share or not. Either way, it's really good though.
I hope he does!

One hobby i used to have was metal detecting, a good hobby if you like the outdoors and identifying bits of metal, my best find was a gold ring, i sold it for £300 but metal detecting is not all about money it is about history, many of my finds went to a museum.
One time i found a patch in a field that produced a lot of mixed foreign coins of all ages which had me baffled, only later did i realize the field was at the back of a church and the coins were what the vicar had thrown out from the collection tray.
Another time i had a good signal from my detector, so i dug a hole without success so i dug deeper and deeper for over an hour only to find a spade.

Likes James Holland, collinsmark and ProfuselyQuarky
phinds said:
I'm a social pyromaniac. I build big fires in a fire pit instead of burning down the neighbors houses. When I was young and we were in North Carolina, sometime in the 50's when there were small-business tobacco barns everywhere, one of the bigger ones caught fire. A big wooden tobacco barn full of dry tobacco, all burning, is a sight to behold. I decided right then and there that I was going to be a pyromaniac, but the thought of going to jail keeps me contained :smile:

You should have been brave and run into save the tobacco:nb)

wolram said:
One hobby i used to have was metal detecting, a good hobby if you like the outdoors and identifying bits of metal, my best find was a gold ring, i sold it for £300 but metal detecting is not all about money it is about history, many of my finds went to a museum.
One time i found a patch in a field that produced a lot of mixed foreign coins of all ages which had me baffled, only later did i realize the field was at the back of a church and the coins were what the vicar had thrown out from the collection tray.
Another time i had a good signal from my detector, so i dug a hole without success so i dug deeper and deeper for over an hour only to find a spade.
I always thought that metal detecting was a distinguished hobby--and it inevitably gives the individual a lot of stories to tell. Wolram, now I want a metal detector!

Likes James Holland
ProfuselyQuarky said:
I always thought that metal detecting was a distinguished hobby--and it inevitably gives the individual a lot of stories to tell. Wolram, now I want a metal detector!

The big problem with metal detecting is getting permission from the land owners and finding a good site, you have to find a place where there has been a lot of use.
one field i searched came up with loads of molten lead and musket balls and one silver penny that dated the site to the civil war.

Likes James Holland
wolram said:
One hobby i used to have was metal detecting, [...]
There's a British show called, Detectorists (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detectorists). It's streaming on Netflix if you are in the USA; not sure about other countries. It's worth the watch. The series is very endearing.

Last edited:
Likes wolram
Likes OmCheeto, dlgoff, Pepper Mint and 2 others
phinds said:
what is really fun to burn is a balloon filled with hydrogen
and better still 2 part H 1 part O in a balloon (i don't know why that doesn't make water but it dose make a big bang)

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
i want a metal detector too

Likes ProfuselyQuarky