Solution Guide for Hoffman and Kunze Problems: Does it Exist?

• Thread starter CoachZ
  • Start date
In summary, the person is currently studying Hoffman and Kunze's linear algebra book and finds it relatively easy so far, but is concerned about the difficulty of the later problems. They are wondering if there is a solution guide available for the problems and have already searched extensively online with no luck. They are now asking for help from others in the conversation.
CoachZ
I'm currently going through Hoffman and Kunze, and so far it doesn't seem too challenging, however some of the problems later in the book are pretty rough. Does anyone know if they sell a solution guide to the problems? It'd be nice to check my solutions!

=)

Physics news on Phys.org
@HallsofIvy: read your link again, and conclude that the solutions are not available ;)
Only the fake "Sponsored Links" contain your search terms.

I've already done a massive search via google, scanning approximately 12 pages with 25 links on each page, so my conclusion is that it doesn't exist...

Which is why I posted it here in the first place because if there is anyone who knows whether it exists or not, they would most definitely be here!

1. Who are Hoffman and Kunze and why are they important in the field of science?

Hoffman and Kunze are two mathematicians who co-authored the popular textbook "Linear Algebra." They are important in the field of science because their textbook is widely used in universities and has greatly influenced the teaching and learning of linear algebra.

2. What is the main focus of Hoffman and Kunze's textbook "Linear Algebra"?

The main focus of "Linear Algebra" is on the mathematical concepts and techniques used to solve systems of linear equations and to study vector spaces and linear transformations.

3. Is "Linear Algebra" suitable for beginners or is it more advanced?

"Linear Algebra" is suitable for both beginners and advanced learners. It starts with the basics and gradually builds up to more advanced topics, making it accessible for students with varying levels of mathematical background.

4. How does "Linear Algebra" compare to other textbooks on the subject?

Many students and teachers consider "Linear Algebra" to be one of the best textbooks on the subject. It is known for its clear and concise explanations, numerous examples and exercises, and its emphasis on theoretical rigor.

5. Can "Linear Algebra" be used for self-study or is it better suited for classroom use?

"Linear Algebra" is suitable for both self-study and classroom use. It is well-structured and includes many practice problems, making it a useful resource for independent learning. However, it is also commonly used as a textbook in university courses on linear algebra.