Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Holiday Jokes

1. Dec 25, 2015 #1
    A few days ago I was out for an evening and had several holiday cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I might have been slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.
    Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2015 #2
    I can't wait the follow up joke...
    the one where the person realizes they left their own car somewhere.

4. Dec 30, 2015 #3

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Ok it's not a joke but...

Some years ago I worked for a company that had a relaxed attitude to drinking. It was traditional to go out for "lunch" at a local Pub (aka bar) on a Friday. On one occasion we met up with a member of the sales team who I'd best call "Jim" and after a hearty "lunch" we all walked the short distance back to the office. Later that day Jim went to the car park to go home and found his company car missing. The security officer advised him to report it to the police who, for once, said they would send someone to take a written statement. It was as the police were getting out of their car he remembered that he'd driven to the Pub at lunchtime.

5. Dec 30, 2015 #4
    CWatters, so glad you posted that....brought back a fond memory.

One time during holiday season a co worker and I went out for a very late 'luncheon meeting'. Who knows, we might have actually discussed something related to work.....but not for long .....never laughed more.

I don't remember what we ate, nor what was so funny, but that bottle of wine was fabulous....we decided we'd better NOT be seen back at the office and so we both went home.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook