Hollywood Faux Pas

• Thread starter mugaliens
  • Start date
Danger
Gold Member
Or they/we can either pick up the language very quickly to the point of fluency or some computer can analyse a few 'sounds' of the alien language and instantly translate anything said by a human into it or from alien to human. In real time. In fact, in some cases they claim the listener doesn't hear the spoken language, but hears only the translation from the computer.

What I truly admire about the sophistication of their translator technology is that it also holographically overprints the speaker's mouth with lips synchronized to English for the benefit of the deaf.

What I truly admire about the sophistication of their translator technology is that it also holographically overprints the speaker's mouth with lips synchronized to English for the benefit of the deaf.

You know, I've never thought of that. Well noticed!

Heh... as deeply unscientific as it is, the only series to address that issue was Stargate: humans were seeded across the galaxy, so they're not aliens to begin with. The only "aliens" are the Goa'uld, and they interface with the host brain. Then again, they're going back and forth through a wormhole without considering the issue that they'd also be traveling in time so... yeeeaaahhh... bit of a trade-off.