Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Holographic display technology

1. Jun 22, 2010 #1
    Hello everybody, I am Chinese. Was pleased to find this site.
    As an Avatar, 3D is very popular in our country
    So I want to know, whether in foreign holographic display technology has matured
    Have no business case?
    I want to know the specific holographic imaging naked eye.
    Geographical reasons of language, I can not always on to this forum, but I will come back to see everyone's message, I have MSN, looking holographic, 3D expert in this field and I can share, exchange.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2010 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I have deleted your email address to prevent spam bots.

You should never offer your own e-mail address or ask for others to contact you with theirs.

This is a forum, any conversations should be posted here for all to see.

4. Jun 22, 2010 #3
    thanks

5. Dec 22, 2010 #4
    holograms can be stored in a solid they cannot be projected into empty space.

most so called holographic projectors use a moving screen to create the illusion of projection - not very convincing to look at.

6. May 20, 2011 #5
    I disagree, Empty space does'nt exist, however as an avatar? I assume he means projected matter, is questionable. I have some concept of using existing matter, like an extremely high frequency of eddy current's to levitate aluminum and shape and move it. But this is only a flight of fancy and nothing more than a projection.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook