Holographic display technology

In summary, the individual is from China and is interested in the popularity of 3D technology in their country. They are curious about the maturity of holographic display technology in other countries and are looking for an expert to share and exchange information with. They have also expressed interest in using existing matter to create holographic images. They have also been reminded to not share personal information on the forum.
mckay
Hello everybody, I am Chinese. Was pleased to find this site.
As an Avatar, 3D is very popular in our country
So I want to know, whether in foreign holographic display technology has matured
Have no business case?
I want to know the specific holographic imaging naked eye.
Geographical reasons of language, I can not always on to this forum, but I will come back to see everyone's message, I have MSN, looking holographic, 3D expert in this field and I can share, exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I have deleted your email address to prevent spam bots.

You should never offer your own e-mail address or ask for others to contact you with theirs.

This is a forum, any conversations should be posted here for all to see.

thanks

holograms can be stored in a solid they cannot be projected into empty space.

most so called holographic projectors use a moving screen to create the illusion of projection - not very convincing to look at.

I disagree, Empty space doesn't exist, however as an avatar? I assume he means projected matter, is questionable. I have some concept of using existing matter, like an extremely high frequency of eddy current's to levitate aluminum and shape and move it. But this is only a flight of fancy and nothing more than a projection.

1. What is holographic display technology?

Holographic display technology is a visual display method that creates three-dimensional images by diffraction of light waves. It uses interference and diffraction to produce a realistic, full-color image that appears to float in mid-air.

2. How does holographic display technology work?

Holographic display technology works by using a laser to record the interference patterns of an object or scene onto a holographic film. When the film is illuminated by a laser, the recorded patterns diffract the light to produce a three-dimensional image.

3. What are the applications of holographic display technology?

Holographic display technology has a wide range of applications, including entertainment, advertising, medical imaging, and education. It can also be used for data visualization, military training, and product prototyping.

4. What are the advantages of holographic display technology?

Holographic display technology offers several advantages over traditional display methods. It provides a more immersive and realistic viewing experience, does not require special glasses or headsets, and has a wider viewing angle. It also has the potential for more efficient use of space in advertising and retail settings.

5. What are the limitations of holographic display technology?

Although holographic display technology has many benefits, it also has some limitations. It currently requires specialized equipment and is more expensive than other display methods. The technology is also still in its early stages and may not yet be able to produce high-resolution images or handle fast-moving objects.