Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Holographic Principle Research Paper Help Please

1. Jul 30, 2008 #1
    Hello, I am doing a research paper for a final and I chose the holographic principle as my topic. Does anyone have any good sources, or information pertaining to this? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

P.S.- I have looked at some of the first links on google, and wikipedia
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2008 #2

Of the top of my head, there are many terms used when refering to a a 2d surface.
    Check out the thread " We are in a Schwarzschild black hole--T or F? "
    Even papers talking about confinement use the 2d surface.
    I'm sure that others will give you more specific examples.
  4. Aug 11, 2008 #3
    I don't know if I'm too late to add anything to help you with your research paper but I recommend Lee Smolin's "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity" as a good read. He goes into great detail about the holographic universe principle.

Essentially he explains it by saying that each portion of space, measured by a square of something like 2 Planck lengths per side where each square acts like a screen on a TV. He says that this screen only shows what information that is passed through it and is remitted. But he also says that the screen can only show so much information at a time and that excess information that goes in is dispersed to other Planck squares. Its obviously a lot more complicated than that as he has almost two chapters on it. Hope I could be of help, good luck with your paper.
  5. Aug 11, 2008 #4
  6. Aug 11, 2008 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This couldbe a good reference:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?