Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Holy god my tuition is due today?

1. May 12, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What the hell is with these people. When you register for classes, they don't bother to tell you when your tuition is due (or how much it is for that matter). On their account balance page, they don't tell you when its due either. They also don't send you an email or real mail (or at least they didn't this semester!) telling you when you had to pay. I hunt through my little area on the campus system and find a due date of... TODAY. Geez! Im so freaken lucky i looked for it today. Idiots.

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2006 #2
    Indeed it's due today.
    What classes did you register for?

4. May 12, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Lets see... GE poli sci class, some computer science class thats kinda in hte introductory series, upper division e/m, upper division mechanics, upper division observational astronomy, differential equations and linear algebra (again).

5. May 12, 2006 #4
    How much do you pay for all of that? I'm not sure what the "upper division" is.
    Why don't you learn linear algebra on your own? Wouldn't that be more convenient, and save you some money for other things?

6. May 12, 2006 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have no idea when my (Fall) tuition is due. They won't tell me anything until I go to orientation, and I don't even know when that's going to be because they haven't announced the dates yet.
    Why are these UCs so secretive, Penguin?

7. May 12, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

It's $1500 this semester. And no, i pay the same rate as long as im doing over 12 units so doing things on my own isn't useful. Plus that is not a subject i want to be alone on.

8. May 12, 2006 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I think the UC's think they are God

9. May 12, 2006 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

they kinda are! :rofl: ok, looks like I have until Sept 20 to pay for Fall - I don't know when the summer deadlines are. I do remember that I was able to snap up a spot in a completely full summer session class once because someone forgot to pay, or the check bounced, or something.

10. May 12, 2006 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah and it turns out that mine isnt due until July 28th. Woooo scared me.

A ton of people don't pay up here so theres usually a baragge of class openings when the deadline comes :P

11. May 12, 2006 #10
    I already gave my school all $3,800 for summer tuition. Then I have to give them another $3,800 for fall tuition....groan. Thank god I'm in state.

The school sent me an Email saying to pay my summer tution by x-date, or they would drop me from the roster, because they don't mail bills to summer students......O-kayyyyy :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 12, 2006
  12. May 12, 2006 #11
    This semester, I was unknowingly 2 days away from being disenrolled from my classes mid-semester because apparently they gave me a check too big for my financial aid. So, I took the extra money and paid rent with it. Once they figured out the check was too big (several months later), they automatically charged the money back to my tuition and failed to tell me about it until I got an angry phone call from the business office threatening to disenroll me.

Nice huh?

13. May 12, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

See what happens when you're greedy...

14. May 12, 2006 #13
    Is that why they want to teach intellgent design?

15. May 12, 2006 #14
    Greedy to help put a roof over my girlfriend and I's head? :bugeye: Then yes I'm greedy.

16. May 12, 2006 #15
    Tuition due already? My fall tuition is not due til August :smile:

17. May 12, 2006 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Get a job :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?