Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Home made landing gear

1. Jun 1, 2010 #1
    I have made a pulse switch which sends a pulse of exactly one second to a relay 20metres away. I made it for a friend’s landing gear in his home made cockpit to interface with the g key on the keyboard. The reason for the pulse is because the keyboard can only bridge once for a second to prevent double key stroke. When i showed him how it works he was confused with the workings of the switch, being you only need to push and hold it once to send a single pulse to the relay and taking your finger off doesn’t send a secondary pulse. he told me there is no switch he knows of that does this. I only used 1 micro switch 4 capacitors 5 resistors and 4 diodes. Is there such a device that does this. i have done it but am not a tech, just good at figuring stuff out .if there isn’t a switch that does this i should share it. Can anyone tell me if there is a switch like this?

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted