Checking Algebra Homework Solutions

In summary, the student attempted to solve an equation for homework, but had some problems. The student asks the expert if they can look at the problems, and the expert agrees.
1babelove

Homework Statement

5/8x + 1/16x= 9/16 + x

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

10x+ x = 9+16
11x=9+16x
-5x=9
x= - 9/5
x =- 1.8

Is this correct. I am trying to make sure I am in the right direction

Also is f(x) = 2x^2-2x
f(0) = I got )
f(-1) I got 4
f(2) Igot 4

Is this correct also..

I need to make sure that this one is correct also

What is the domain of g(x) = 3/5-3x
I got that x is not equal to 5/3.

I hope I got all these right...

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you have a typo for f(0), what did you get? I agree with your answer for f(-1) and f(2). If part 1 has the x upstairs in the fractions like,
(5*x)/8 + (1*x)/16 = 9/16 + x
then I agree with your answer. But not if it is downstairs like,
5/(8*x) +1/(16*x) = 9/16 +x

I'm not sure I agree with your domain of g(x). What is your reasoning for 5/3?

Because I can not see g(x) = 3/5-3x answers being either a.not equal to 3, b. equal to 0. or c x greater than or equal to 5/3..My head is spinning numbers maybe I am wrong

and for f(0) = 2x^2 -2x when you mutiply be zero the answer is 0..right?

The problem with the domain question is that we were not sure if you meant
[tex]g(x) = \frac{3}{5 - 3x}[/tex]
or
[tex]g(x) = \frac{3}{5} - 3x.[/tex]

It looks like you meant the former. (That is why it's helpful to learn LaTex. :wink:) Anyway, you're right -- the domain is
[tex]x \neq \frac{5}{3}.[/tex]

I have a some more problems that I want checked will you be willing to look at them, please.

Just post them in a new thread. Also, if you're seriously unsure whether your answer is correct or not, point out which steps you weren't sure about when you were solving the question.

1. What is the purpose of doing home work check in algebra?

The purpose of doing home work check in algebra is to reinforce the concepts and skills learned in class. It also helps students identify any areas of weakness and provides an opportunity for practice and improvement.

2. How often should home work check be done in algebra?

This may vary depending on the teacher or school, but typically home work check is done after every lesson or topic has been covered. This ensures that students have a thorough understanding of the material before moving on to the next lesson.

3. Can home work check be used as a form of assessment in algebra?

Yes, home work check can be used as a form of assessment. It allows teachers to see how well students have understood the material and identify any areas that may need further review or clarification.

4. Should students receive feedback on their home work check in algebra?

Yes, it is important for students to receive feedback on their home work check in algebra. This helps them understand their mistakes and learn from them, leading to improved performance in future assignments and assessments.

5. How can students prepare for home work check in algebra?

Students can prepare for home work check in algebra by actively participating in class, taking thorough notes, and completing their homework assignments with care. They can also review their notes and practice problems before the home work check to ensure they are well-prepared.